Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diamond T project, 6.0 runs poorly, MAF low input code, placement of MAF an issue?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diamond T project, 6.0 runs poorly, MAF low input code, placement of MAF an issue?

Still struggling with a very poorly running 6.0. We've addressed low fuel pressure, new plug wire boots not completely seated, fouled plugs, new 02 sensors, new MAF sensor (codes), and it runs exactly the same. Runs good initially, as soon as the engine warms up then stumbles, bogs, drops multiple cylinders seemingly randomly. No misfire codes, still getting the MAF code even with a new MAF. I bought a scan tool from AutoZone, which gave the same codes as having them scan it with their scanner. A local dealership also scanned, and gave me a little more detailed diagonistic sheet, I found and corrected a vacume leak at the EGR pipe stump, which I hoped would finally cure things. Still runs the same. Only way it's driveable is with the MAF unplugged, which at least enables it to be driven, but it's not right, obviously.

Any other ideas? I have the MAF mounted on the accordian tube from the donor trucks intake off the throttle body. It makes a sharp 90 in order to clear the radiator/fan, and is kinked slightly but nowhere near occluded. Are there any formed right angle, or even an adaptor to mount the MAF directly off the throttle body, and then mount an air cleaner so the bend occurs upstream of the MAF?

I'm taking it Monday to a shop (a long time friend and pro rod builder, lots of LS builds) to have them try to figure out what I can't find. I hate not being able to get this figured out on my own.

Quick Reply: Diamond T project, 6.0 runs poorly, MAF low input code, placement of MAF an issue?