Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Lexus IS250 LS1 Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sick build man! takes ***** to tear apart such a nice car, but your work is top notch so it will be a fantastic car when all is said and done. I'll be following this build for sure!
Old 05-12-2014, 02:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates? Im looking at getting one of these and will eventually do something like this.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Teching In

the beauty of living in Florida, no annual emission inspection!!
Great Job!!
Old 06-10-2016, 02:44 PM
Launching!

can someone tell me what oil filter adapter plate is on that engine? please
Old 06-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Thumper28
I figured it was time to get the engine into it's final resting place so I had to do some prep work. First was some pre-wiring in the hard to reach places including 3 connections on the transmission. The oil pan notch for the lower cross member blocked access to the oil filter so I had to get an oil filter relocation kit. And lastly the oil pressure gauge sending unit is also in a hard to reach place so I installed that as well. Here's a shot of the pressure sensor and oil filter cap.

There were probably some more connections I would have made but I am very impatient so the engine went in next.

I couldn't help but put the intake manifold on and then the radiator for a fit check. There is on plastic tab on the radiator that will need to be cut off but other than that it fits fine. I'll keep a close eye on engine temperature, especially during the summer in Florida, to see if the stock radiator is capable of cooling the engine.

Side shot of the radiator clearance

And now the steering saga continues. Here is my current collection of steering racks. Starting at the top is a Mazda 626 rack, then an AGR performance Mustang rack, then a Toyota Tacoma, and finally at the bottom the IS250 electric rack.

Prior to buying the AGR performance rack, I pretty much had the Mazda rack installed. It wasn't until the last minute that I realized that the input shaft came in above the rack therefore turning the wrong direction. A very frustrating moment but it led me to the AGR rack which looks awesome and I think I'll be very happy with.

Here is a shot of the 2 old mounting holes on the lower front cross member.

Here is the final bracket and hardware

And finally the installed rack (well almost installed. It still needs paint and nuts. This was a very victorious moment for me after all that have gone though with the steering system.

can someone tell me what oil filter adapter plate is on that engine? please
Old 06-11-2016, 06:16 AM
Launching!

its in the first pic

Quick Reply: 06 Lexus IS250 LS1 Build