Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What injectors should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What injectors should I get?

I am trying to put together the parts to pull the truck manifolds from the top of a 5.3. I'm told a good route to go is with an LS6 intake.

Not finding many, and I think I need to be sure I check the casting number to be sure it is the right one. That being said, assuming I find a manifold, but it's the manifold only, what injectors do I need to find?

I presume any fuel rail will work. Although, I'm thinking I want a single inlet, no return. Not sure what fuel rails fall in that realm.

Any input appreciated.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will need to but a LS1/Ls6 fuel rail And injectors depend on what you are doing cam/header wise. If leaving stock cam then get a 30lbs injectors
Old 08-13-2013, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for your reply.

I'm undecided on a cam. I need to visit some threads on that. I interest in possibly adding a cam...although, my main guideline is fuel economy. Of course, everybody loves power, including me; and I love the rumpity rump of a great cam. But at my stage in life, not at the expense of fuel economy. Given all that, it'll be interesting to see what I find on a cam.

I presume 30lb injectors is stock.

Can I safely assume that if I get higher lb injectors, for whatever reason, it's ok, even if I don't change cams?

(Like your avatar)

Quick Reply: What injectors should I get?