Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls swap harness question

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls swap harness question

Okay, doing a turbo 5.3 ls swap into my 97 camaro ss. I have an ecu and harness out of a 99 or newer camaro. The write up on converting this harness seems like a waste if what I have heard is correct. Will a 98 camaro harness plug right into my car? Obviously I will be deleting a lot of things out of the harness that I don't need but it seems that the under dash connectors and the inner fender connectors arethe same. Is this correct oror will it be just as much work with the 98 harness as with the newer harness? Thanks for advice!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:40 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dennisgreener
Okay, doing a turbo 5.3 ls swap into my 97 camaro ss. I have an ecu and harness out of a 99 or newer camaro. The write up on converting this harness seems like a waste if what I have heard is correct. Will a 98 camaro harness plug right into my car? Obviously I will be deleting a lot of things out of the harness that I don't need but it seems that the under dash connectors and the inner fender connectors arethe same. Is this correct oror will it be just as much work with the 98 harness as with the newer harness? Thanks for advice!!!
The 98 harness will be more work. Use what you have. If you do not want to do the harness mod yourself then you can give us a call. We specialize in the 4th gen cars. We can even build you a brand new one from scratch that even has the factory firewall grommet.

If you would like use to rewire what you have or even if you just want to purchase some materials for what needs to be added just give us a buzz.

If you decide to DIY it and you post up questions we will answer them if we happen to catch the thread. Please keep in mind we are incredibly busy!

Bill
270-805-1777

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 08-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Teching In

How would the 98 harness be more work?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Teching In

And since you posted at almost 9 oclock can I call that late? Haha

Quick Reply: ls swap harness question