Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls to 700 questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls to 700 questions

hey guys new to the forums. i am in the process of putting a 6.0l ss motor into my pick up. its a 89 obs z71. i have a built up 700 that i want to mount this motor to. i have been reading the forums and it has my head spinning. the motor has a curved or dished flex plate on it. i bought a hughes converter spacer. i know this goes after the flexplate. not between the crank and flex plate. i also know that the converter holes have to be opened up but that is not a big deal. where i get lost is on the spacing of the converter. most guys say they just bolt the converter to the ls flex plates. will this not pull the converter farther away from the transmission or are the flex plates spaced the same from the back of the block. or will i need to add shims between the converter pads and the ls flywheel to make the original converter sit on the pump shaft in the correct spot.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Ask and you shall receive...
Old 11-26-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mine was a 6.0 LQ9 to a 4L60 (which is a 700). I have a dished flexplate, I bought the GMPP spacer and the longer bolts - the spacer helps center the nose of the convertor. Should go together nicely there is a tiny bit of travel on the input shaft, no worries. Bolt it up and go.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

hey thanks, i know the center of the converter needs to be .375 longer to fit the center of the crank(thats why we use the spacer) but i was worried that by mounting the converter to the flex plate it would pull the converter to close to the flex plate pulling the convertor to far off the shaft guys are saying that you only have .125-.1875 of play on the shaft.