Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness vs. sensors: Can it work?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness vs. sensors: Can it work?

I purchased a '10 LS3 for use in a swap with no harness attached. The previous owner ran it for a few hundred miles in an F-body car with a custom harness. I bought a GMPP harness to run it in my swap.

As I was fitting the harness to the engine I found that a few of the sensors wouldn't connect because of a small "tooth" on the female end that prevented the contacts from touching. This was the case on the MAP sensor and the cam position sensor. I'm certain I can make those sensors connect with the harness. On the other hand, it also appears that the engine is now set up with LS1 style knock sensors, which, if I learned correctly, required the previous owner to drill and tap the block.

Will I run into problems making the MAP and cam position sensors fit? Is there any way to make the LS3 knock sensors fit? Is there any chance that the previous owner left the reluctor wheel alone, or is it nearly certain that it was swapped over to the older style?

I just want my car to run. Please help.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump
Anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-30-2013, 04:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What color is the crank sensor? If it's black, then the reluctor has been switched. If it's gray then the reluctor is still 58X.

Quick Reply: Harness vs. sensors: Can it work?