Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls3 harmonic balancer fitment

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls3 harmonic balancer fitment

Been searching for a couple days now and i cannot seem to find the answer to my questions

Is the spacing on the corvette and camaro ls3 balancers the same? like as far as the accessory drives go?

will the alternator on a camaro LS3 clear the stock subframe of a 68 camaro?

What i want to do is put a magnacharged LS3 in my 68 camaro. with accessory spacing for a 2010 camaro so i can use a 2010 camaro magnacharger. The problem i have is i dont think the alternator on the camaro front drive will clear my stock subframe, so i would need to use a corvette accesory front drive.

The intake snoot on the corvette ls3 magnachager will make it extremely difficult to route an intake pipe on my application. This is the reason for wanting to use the camaro LS3 setup.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Corvette offset is not the same as the Camaro LS3 which happens to be the same as the truck offset. Lookup the balancer part numbers by application on rockauto.com and you can figure out compatibility. Can't answer the fitment questions.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Teching In

Thats good to know, thanks.

Does any body else know If the 2010 Camaro LS3 alternator will clear the factory 68 Camaro subframe?

Quick Reply: ls3 harmonic balancer fitment