Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for those with a GTO E40 PCM Flashed to SSR/Trailblazer SS OS

Old 12-30-2013, 02:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Question for those with a GTO E40 PCM Flashed to SSR/Trailblazer SS OS

I'm considering having my GTO E40 PCM flashed to a SSR/Trailblazer SS operating system (OS) because I want to be able to utilize cruise control. The GTO needs the PIM/BCM (from the donor vehicle) for cruise control while the E40 PCM's in the SSR and Trailblazer handle the cruise control functions internally.

While I'd like to have cruise control, I don't want to open a can of worms with regard to wiring. I'd like for the PCM to control the engine cooling fans and I plan to install air conditioning. I know the E40 PCM doesn't supply an AC request signal but the GTO E40 PCM can control the engine cooling fan and from what I've read, it will still switch-on the cooling fan when it detects (via a pressure switch) that the A/C compressor is functioning.

All of that said, I found this post that indicates that the SSR/Trailblazer E40 flash doesn't control the cooling fan because those vehicles have engine driven fans.

Like I said, I don't want to make a wiring nightmare where none exists, simply to have cruise control. But I would like to have cruise control if at all possible.

Any input on fan control with an E40 flashed to an SSR/Trailblazer SS OS?

Thanks.

Tipsy
Old 12-30-2013, 04:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My '05 Corvette ECM was flashed to an SSR by Current Performance Wiring (also did my harness). I'm using a two speed Mark VIII cooling fan. Jared has the ECM set up for both fan speeds (two different temp. setting). Harness also had an AC request (I'm using an aftermarket Sanden Compressor) that kicks on the High speed fan when the compressor is operating.

So, yes you can have fan control and AC control with the SSR ECM Flash.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:12 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by usc2001gc
My '05 Corvette ECM was flashed to an SSR by Current Performance Wiring (also did my harness). I'm using a two speed Mark VIII cooling fan. Jared has the ECM set up for both fan speeds (two different temp. setting). Harness also had an AC request (I'm using an aftermarket Sanden Compressor) that kicks on the High speed fan when the compressor is operating.

So, yes you can have fan control and AC control with the SSR ECM Flash.
Excellent info. Good to know.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Tipsy
Old 12-30-2013, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought an electric fan kit and mail order tune for my 08 Trailblazer SS from "PCM of NC", they tune the pcm to control the fans.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Hotrodbud
I bought an electric fan kit and mail order tune for my 08 Trailblazer SS from "PCM of NC", they tune the pcm to control the fans.
Thanks, but the '07-'08 Trailblazer SS is a different animal. They have 58x reluctor wheels and the E67 PCM.

Tipsy

Last edited by TipsyMcStagger; 05-23-2015 at 09:44 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question for those with a GTO E40 PCM Flashed to SSR/Trailblazer SS OS