Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which motor to go with?

Old 01-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which motor to go with?

Just wanted to get some opinions. I understand mostly everyone in here is street/track oriented. However I currently have a 5.3 with ls2 intake setup on my dual sport buggy. I was in the process of getting some parts for it to add some ponies so picked up a set of 6.0 317 heads had hbr do some work on them and was going to do a cam and along with the standard supplies while doing a cam swap. Well then I started looking into getting a 6.0 so was going to pick up an lq9 but that fell thru, however I purchased a set of 823 heads to basically make an ly6 prior to deal not pending.
I just came across an ly6 so now its got me thinking. My questions comes down to which motor do you think will be more fun to drive/responsive? A 5.3 with the ls2 intake, cam, heads, upgraded rockers or just buy the ly6? I would leave it stock other then a ls3 intake setup. I may also have the ability to punch the 5.3 to a 5.7
I am back an forth because I have the 5.3 its in the buggy but needs to be torn down and all the above mentioned items installed. Where if I buy the ly6 I really just slap it in. But if you guys think the the modified 5.3 is going to be more fun then the 6.0 then I will just continue the build on the 5.3. Thanks for you time

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which motor to go with?