Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 swap in a C1500 Truck - Dual Snorkle Ram Air - Inline Air Filter Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 swap in a C1500 Truck - Dual Snorkle Ram Air - Inline Air Filter Ideas?

Back on my project after a 5 year break. I have always wanted to do a dual ram air setup on this truck with the ducts located in the bumper (similar to the Silverado SS/Trailblazer SS brake duct inlets). I am not expecting huge gains in power and realize I will probably have some issues with MAF sensor accuracy due to the location, but it was part of my original renderings of my truck 10 years ago so I want to follow through.

I have 4" aluminum ducting that I am using and am trying to figure out a way to incorporate an air filter inline without too much fabrication.

Progress so far:

Rough Rendering of the front end with the inlet ducts

Only thing I have found so far is from Spectre and its $100.

http://www.spectreperformance.com/se...aspx?prod=9832

Any other options out there? Something from a junkyard? I wouldn't mind an OEM paper filter over the K&N style.

Do universal paper cone style filters exist?

thanks
Old 01-15-2014, 06:42 AM
Staging Lane

Wink Duals

I would suggest you run the MAF right at the engine then turn down the tube and put the dual piece down low and tie into the duct work. This should give you a cleaner look as well.
Attached Thumbnails LS1 swap in a C1500 Truck - Dual Snorkle Ram Air  - Inline Air Filter Ideas?-duals-snorkel.jpg  
Old 01-16-2014, 11:50 PM
Teching In

In case anyone ever digs this up in the future I found some inline air filters from a company called spectre.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Andy4639
I would suggest you run the MAF right at the engine then turn down the tube and put the dual piece down low and tie into the duct work. This should give you a cleaner look as well.
thanks, thats the plan.

Quick Reply: LS1 swap in a C1500 Truck - Dual Snorkle Ram Air - Inline Air Filter Ideas?