Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

69 Camaro G8/6L80e Swap *Build Thread*

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aston Tibs
That is interesting that you had to add a vent. Tsnow did a swap on a 69 and did not need to use the vent that came with the tank setup. Based on his input, I am capping the vent on my tank also. I guess if I do have an issue I can just uncap it, but I have heard of people having problems with fuel smell while parked.
What tank are you guys running? Ours was getting a bad suction from the fuel pump I assume. The stock style vented cap wasn't cutting it.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Tanks Inc, it is a stock style tank with the cutout on the top for the pump and sending unit. I am not running yet, so I don't know if I will be OK.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:05 AM
Teching In

Not trying to revive an old thread, but this was pretty helpful and I had the same power steering pump problem. I also had a G8 power steering pump with the pulley hitting the A-arm. The solution is a Dorman 300-126 pulley. Fits perfectly. Turns out it's for an 80's Regal, so I get to tell the wife she has a little bit of my old Grand National in her 67 Camaro. Just wanted to provide an easier and cheaper way to fix the PS pulley problem on these swaps. Oh, and I put an LS2/6L80E in the wife's 67 Camaro without any tunnel mods. Actually fits with plenty of room using the least expensive motor mount plates I could find and BRP's trans x-member.

Thanks,
Derrick
Old 11-23-2017, 08:42 PM
Teching In

do you have any pictures of the tail shaft coupler once you had it converted to accept the universal joint?
Old 06-21-2018, 08:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Fred Schell
do you have any pictures of the tail shaft coupler once you had it converted to accept the universal joint?
Sorry for the delay, I haven't been on here in a while, Here's what I have

Old driveshaft on top, new one with slip yoke installed on the bottom
Old 06-21-2018, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tazinhawaii
Not trying to revive an old thread, but this was pretty helpful and I had the same power steering pump problem. I also had a G8 power steering pump with the pulley hitting the A-arm. The solution is a Dorman 300-126 pulley. Fits perfectly. Turns out it's for an 80's Regal, so I get to tell the wife she has a little bit of my old Grand National in her 67 Camaro. Just wanted to provide an easier and cheaper way to fix the PS pulley problem on these swaps. Oh, and I put an LS2/6L80E in the wife's 67 Camaro without any tunnel mods. Actually fits with plenty of room using the least expensive motor mount plates I could find and BRP's trans x-member.

Thanks,
Derrick
That's great man, thanks for posting. The guy that did the swap for us had a hard time finding a pulley with the correct hole for the P/S pump shaft, seemed to be metric. Glad you figured it out! How'd you get the tranny up in that tunnel without cutting it? How far down does your oil and tranny pan hang? Here's mine

Car is still doing well, running driving, we haven't finished it 100% yet. Still got to install the new Sanden A/C condenser, dryer, compressor, do some clean up, etc.. I plan to mount it near the stock location on low the passenger side, have some homemade brackets cut, just need to be welded then try to mount it up. New house, major renovations, first child, etc have gotten in the way of progress the last few years. Plus the cars at my parents house 3.5 hrs away. It'll get done eventually though. Plans for the future include:

-New body wiring harness
-Weld bracket / install AC Compressor, condenser, dryer, have lines made, have charged
-Mini tub the rear
-Form and weld a new tunnel
-12"-13" Big front brakes
-11"-12" Rear disc conversion, possible full rear end swap
-I would like all new SS Brake lines
-New wheels and tires 17"/18" or a 18"/18" combo most likely
-Potential drop front and rear to keep the right stance
-Repaint the drivers side door, body work has cracked underneath the paint

Then, drive it like I stole it
Old 11-30-2018, 07:25 PM
Teching In