Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 Corvette LSx/4L60e Swap Radiator Solutions

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C3 Corvette LSx/4L60e Swap Radiator Solutions

Gearing up now for my LSx/4L60e swap and I've been looking at cooling solutions. This car is breaking me financially, so I'm all about saving money where I can...provided I only have to do it once. About the only only viable solution I had found was the nice DeWitt's radiator. Unfortunately, that's about twice what I had allotted for the cooling solution, if not more time you add your electric fans into the mix. Browsing on the 'bay last night, I came across this radiator/fan listing. http://www.ebay.com/itm/161209661272...S:1123&vxp=mtr

This listing is for 68-72 C3's and has a single fan. A dual is available for another 50 bucks. These are not Chinese builds, from what I can gather. My Vette is a 74 and not a 72 so I'm guessing there is a difference. I'm also going to require a transmission cooler for the 4L60e integrated into the radiator. This morning, I contacted the company to find if a solution for my 74 is being made. One is, and can be equipped with either a single or dual fans. The duals are another 50 bucks. This LOOKS like a well built radiator. Even the integrated fan shroud appears to be a nice aluminum shroud tig'd to the radiator. This solution consists of the fully aluminum welded radiator, integrated fan shroud and fan(s), properly set up for LSx engines complete with proper steam connection and designed to drop into a C3 for $550 bucks with the dual fans shipped to my door. The guy has a 100% feedback rating, and has been around a while. Anyone have any experience with these radiators?
Old 02-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Launching!

The Dewitts will work, I have run them for years.

That being said just get a 4-gen F-body rad and dual fan setup that will work fine in the vette (proably be ~$200 complete).
Old 02-13-2014, 11:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Mine is a 68 that had a small 1 year support. But I found an aluminum Griffin that fit well. Under $200 too.
I'm with groundczero on the fans. Just find stock ones that fits well. On my 72 Olds swap, I used a ford dual fan for $40 that fit perfectly. Any stock GM, Ford fan setup will be more reliable and easier to replace in the future.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by groundczero
The Dewitts will work, I have run them for years.

That being said just get a 4-gen F-body rad and dual fan setup that will work fine in the vette (proably be ~$200 complete).
Yes but a DeWitts costs just shy of 1000 bucks...and that's LESS the fans. Probably worth about half that. If Ed McMahon shows up at my house telling me I've won the Publishers Clearing House I'll spring for a DeWitts. Hell, if that happens, I'll buy you a new one as well...
Old 04-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used a 2000 camaro radiator with cooling fans, 100 bucks on craigslist.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Patro46
Yes but a DeWitts costs just shy of 1000 bucks...and that's LESS the fans. Probably worth about half that. If Ed McMahon shows up at my house telling me I've won the Publishers Clearing House I'll spring for a DeWitts. Hell, if that happens, I'll buy you a new one as well...
Patriot I agree the Dewitts are over priced, but I use to have the ability to get them w/o the markup. That is why I also mentioned the 4th gen F-body parts. I have used both with good results.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Patro46
All most all of our LS series radiators packages are $920, and that is WITH the fans.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Illegal Vette
I used a 2000 camaro radiator with cooling fans, 100 bucks on craigslist.
What year is your Corvette? Any photos of your setup?
I have a 74 that I want to use an F-body radiator / fans for. As much as I would like to purchase a DeWitts or other aftermarket radiator they are too much for my budget right now.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: C3 Corvette LSx/4L60e Swap Radiator Solutions