Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98Firebired with tired v6 want to replace w/ LT1 383 new 4L60E transmission: help??

Old 03-01-2014, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 98Firebired with tired v6 want to replace w/ LT1 383 new 4L60E transmission: help??

I have a very nice LT1 383 w/ new 4L60E transmission. I'd like to put it in a 1998 Firebird that currently has a 3.8 V6 w/ a 4L60E trans. Note: I would like to use the LT it has sentimental Value- I know that Engine- the LS1 is for my first gen Camaro.
So emailed :
Is it possible to leave the body computer and harness intact to handle everything except the engine and transmission functions? Like the instruments, A/C heating, gauges etc?
Can you supply the computer and wiring harness to manage the engine, cooling fans and transmission on a stand alone basis? Or, if I'm wrong, a harness to manage the entire car along with modified computers to do this? Finally what is the cost?

Alternatively and as a definite second choice I could put an LS1 w/ 24 reluctor and the 4l60 E trans (I know I'd have to use a spacer because of the different bellhousing) in the 1998 Firebird.
I know that the wiring harnesses and computers are unique to a 1998 Firebird. So if I went with the LS I'd have to find, I assume, the engine computer and the engine harness for an 1998 LS1 Firebird. I assume that I would not have to change the body computer or body harness. Is this correct? If not, could you tell me what I'd have to do to make the LS1 conversion basically plug and play and could you modify the computers and harnesses to make the conversion?

Reply - Ltswap replied-Just the engine harness..as far as I know the rest of the car, and forward lamp harness is the same. You might do some checking on the online forms about that.

I'm not doing any wiring harness work, only PCM programming. Stock 98 harness should 'plug in'.-via LTSWAP

Barbiesmusclecars well am online asking questions? Running out of Time- the car is misfiring- I'm finished with worn out v6- I need a reliable Plug and play harness for 1998 FireBird-Quality over cost
Attached Thumbnails 98Firebired with tired v6 want to replace w/ LT1 383 new 4L60E transmission: help??-goldenbear.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 98Firebired with tired v6 want to replace w/ LT1 383 new 4L60E transmission: help??