Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for alternative alternator for Holley LS Bracket kit.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for alternative alternator for Holley LS Bracket kit.

Greetings everyone,

I'm working on a LQ4 that I'm looking forward into putting into my 94 Buick Roadmaster Wagon. What I've been trying to come up with is the best fitment for the accessory drives (A/C, P/S, Alt.) I've looked into Holley's LS Accessory drive kits and they look very promising and look to fit quite well, however the price tag seems a bit high to me for the entire kit.

They do sell the bracket kit solely with no a/c compressor or p/s pump, the R4 a/c compressor pretty common on most GM cars so that isn't too hard to get, nether is the P/S pump as that is off a corvette and isn't hard to get either.

However the Alternator, that one I'm not sure what year/model/engine they are using for that kit. Would anyone happen to know that information?
Old 05-09-2014, 10:29 PM
Teching In

From the Holley instructions for the bracket:

The Holley driver’s side bracket uses standard alternators with 5.46” bolt spacing. This alternator
type is common on most ’96-’05 GM trucks and ’98-’06 Camaro/Firebird/GTOs. There are two
alternator amperages available in this type. Note: The Holley bracket DOES NOT work with ’97-UP
Corvette or ’10-UP Camaro alternators which have 6” (154 mm) center bolt spacing.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:46 AM
On The Tree

Ah, excellent. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Launching!

The LQ4 is a truck motor. Are you going to use the truck offset for your accessory drive? I have a set of Holley/GM brackets for sale in the classifieds. They are standard Corvette offset or truck offset when used with the spacer kit.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fox12303
The LQ4 is a truck motor. Are you going to use the truck offset for your accessory drive? I have a set of Holley/GM brackets for sale in the classifieds. They are standard Corvette offset or truck offset when used with the spacer kit.
Even though its a truck motor, it was a long block so I could essentially just buy the proper crank pulley & water pump that would work. What I was looking at specifically was the R4 compressor bracket and the P/S & Alt. brackets.

Quick Reply: Looking for alternative alternator for Holley LS Bracket kit.