Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Obd2

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obd2

Hello again. Using the 02 z28 as my donor to my 70 chevelle. Should I keep te chevelle chassis harness and just make the engine harness a stand alone? How do I get the obd2 to work with this. OR because I can. Take the whole camaro harness and swap it all into the chevelle. I'm not sure what to do. This is a budget build. Thanks any info is appreciated.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do the entire harness you will have a much better system with modern electrical. PM me I can help you with some of the issues if interested.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can also us Camaro harness to run the engine and a good part of the Chevelle body wiring. Look at www.lt1swap.com for the engine and the OBD2 port. The swap is a fairly commonplace one many of us have done this. Do a search for examples. There is a thread running now about most of what you are asking.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make the engine harness a standalone and leave the interior of your car alone. It will be much easier to swap and to work on in the future. Most of the Camaro body harness will be useless in your Chevelle unless you swap interiors as well.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by i r teh noobz
Make the engine harness a standalone and leave the interior of your car alone. It will be much easier to swap and to work on in the future. Most of the Camaro body harness will be useless in your Chevelle unless you swap interiors as well.
Not true you can use pretty much everything except the abs and even that could be used if you wanted but it would cost you to get sensors in. It does take some time to install but it will work, some things will actually be easier plus you will get some bonus capability like intermittent wipers, factory alarm, and remote for little or no extra cost. There is also a second way to do it which is to use the engine and engine bay harness and tie into the old harness at the fuse block. That would eliminate most of the above but it still gives you the factory engine control, charging system, etc.

Quick Reply: Obd2