Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.8/4L60E into 86 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.8/4L60E into 86 Mustang

Hi everyone this is my first post on any car forum as I am just getting into the hobby. My father bought me an 86 mustang last year on my birthday. Today he picked up a complete truck with a 4.8/4L60E in it. I have started researching on here about wiring but am at a total loss. Can I just take all the wiring components out of the truck, wire power and ground to them and fire the car? My Dad will take care of all the mechanical but said I need to figure out the wiring. I have zero experience but figure I can label everything when taking the stuff off and then just put it back together in the car. Will this work or will it need a tune. I have been reading about getting the VATS disabelled?? I don't want someone to hold my hand but I need a point in the right direction. Thanks, Lucas.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lt1swap.com is your greatest resource. There's a ton of information and photos that helped me through the harness modifications you are about to do.

I'm doing a 5.3/TH400 swap into an 89 LX, but the ls harness should be similar to yours depending on the year you are using. Mine originally started as a 2002 LM7 5.3/4L65 combination. There's a handful of photos in my build thread taken while I was doing the wiring part.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ed-5-12-a.html

Quick Reply: 4.8/4L60E into 86 Mustang