Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SC300 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC300 Swap

Hey everyone, this is my build thread for my lm7 sc300 swap. It will be carbed, forged bottom end, ported head, oversized valves, ms3 cam and supporting valvetrain, e85, spray. It is mostly for my own record but if anyone is interested I will keep it updated frequently. The projected completion is spring 2015. also, if someone could tell me how the hell to embed pics in the posts that would be awesome. More Pics will be up tomorrow. this will be a picture heavy thread as I want to make it as detailed as possible.

I have purchased the roller with a clean title and 2004 lm7 longblock.

I currently have the block stripped down and it's on it's way to the machine shop tomorrow to get bored out to 3.905, decked and finish honed.
Attached Thumbnails SC300 Swap-1273.jpg   SC300 Swap-1274.jpg   SC300 Swap-1276.jpg  

Last edited by IronBlockBecky; 06-09-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As an ex-Toyota tech, I've always had a soft spot for the Supra's more elegant brother. I currently drive a GS430, and if I had to do it over again I would've bought a GS/IS/SC300 and put an LS motor in it.

As for the 5.3L I did the same thing, and punched it to LS1 specs, and in hindsight, I should have just started with a 6.0L, even though guys around the Twin Cities want quite a bit more then the 5.3L's can be had.

For the pictures, you can cruise to an image hosting site like Photobucket or Flickr, and create a free account, upload your photos to the page, and in the hyperlinks you can copy the [img]www.hostingsite.com\user\image123.jpg[/img], and paste it here instead of attaching your photos.

Fixed.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:42 PM

Thanks Envy! Shes a little rough but for the price I had to have it.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:43 PM

After selling all of the sc parts that I wont be using, it will have been practically free
Old 06-12-2014, 06:10 AM
Staging Lane

Will be interested in this one. I have a Toyota Soarer V8 (same as your SC400)
Great cars, just need more power
Old 06-12-2014, 08:14 AM

Yeah should be a fun car when said and done. Hoping to make high 6xx to low 7xx when said and done. The whole build is planned out except the rear end. I can't decide if I should just go mkIV supra with the torsen diff or do a 9". Leaning toward 9".
Old 06-13-2014, 06:32 AM
Staging Lane

Depends on what you want to do with the car. For a good street car, I would go the Supra diff, and keep the independent suspension for better ride/handling.
9" for drag racing.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IronBlockBecky
Yeah should be a fun car when said and done. Hoping to make high 6xx to low 7xx when said and done. The whole build is planned out except the rear end. I can't decide if I should just go mkIV supra with the torsen diff or do a 9". Leaning toward 9".
The JZA80 LSD is $$$, good luck finding one for under $1,000, or a used Auto TT torsen unit, likely your best bet is to buy a Kaaz unit, and drop it into your existing housing.

Although the Supra diff is a more plug and play install, there's far more aftermarket for the 9", but I wouldn't question either as far as holding power. If I had a say, I would go 9" since your going carbed and looking to spray, no since of keeping it in the Toyota family at this point, I say put as much American iron, and aluminum, in there as you can, just my thought.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:07 PM

I am leaning 9" from both a cost and aftermarket standpoint as of now. Not to mention it could take forever to find the supra diff and it would be "well loved" once I did. The car will be on the street but not often so I don't think thats too much of a factor.

Quick Reply: SC300 Swap