Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

67 Chevelle LS1/T56 swap in planning, fuel system ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 67 Chevelle LS1/T56 swap in planning, fuel system ?'s

I have a 67 chevelle that I am finishing the parts gathering phase, I just picked up a running driving wrecked 99 SS camaro for the donor parts

My first few questions are my plan for the tank is a Tanks inc tank and pump but what about the fuel lines running up front and back? What should I use? I dont want to just run braided hose as that degrades over time something better. The engine being a 99 does that mean the regulator is on the fuel rails? Should I convert it to the corvette style filter so only one line runs up front?
Old 06-28-2014, 05:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,393 Likes on 879 Posts

I would use hard lines along the length of the frame rails. You can use stainless, steel, or nickel plated cooper lines. Stainless is the hardest to work with. I would use the Corvette filter/regulator in the rear and run one 3/8" line going to the front. Use tube nuts and steel AN fittings to mate the hardline to the short runs of flex line that you will need. Use only teflon lined hose for the flex lines. You'll get other opinions, but that is what I would do.

Andrew
Old 07-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

I also have a 66 (Chevelle though) and I used the same thing GM and all new car makers use for their fuel lines. It's a flexible nylon and the fittings press on with a tool. I could not be happier. It went together super easy and the entire thing - including the tool to press in the fittings - cost less than the adapters I'd have needed to run braided lines. Another bonus is if I decided to change something the fittings snap off with a quick release and I can change them out in less than 5 minutes. I left a couple feet of extra tubing in the rear (coiled up and out of the way) for when I get the Tanks, Inc tank / pump this fall.

The parts I used are:
Dorman 800-301 Fuel Line repair tool Dorman 800-301 Fuel Line repair tool

Dorman 800-072 3/8"Nylon Tubing Dorman 800-072 3/8"Nylon Tubing

Dorman 800-086 Adapter Dorman 800-086 Adapter
Old 07-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

I used Teflon lined 3/8" line that is stainless steel with a vinyl coating on it. It's what's used on racing applications and will never degrade. Pm me if you want the info, it's about $7.00 a foot. Fittings were 5-10 depending on which one you need.

Quick Reply: 67 Chevelle LS1/T56 swap in planning, fuel system ?'s