Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSA/Grand National Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Buddy who painted it (Christian Paul Customs) just had it back in there to fix the right side after someone hit the car. The shop that redid the engine took him to the cleaners. He said he put another $50k in it. Now that's funny stuff.
Anyway onward and upward right?
My current build is a 59 Apache with an LSA and a 2012 Corvette drive train
https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...81#post1302781
Old 06-20-2019, 01:34 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

One of the best builds on LS1tech
Old 06-20-2019, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Thanks, It was a passion project for sure.
I will post up my 59 Apache build on LS1tech ASAP
Old 06-20-2019, 06:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,386 Likes on 875 Posts

I just don't get it. Why lie? Give credit where credit is due! Always loved this build.

Andrew
Old 06-21-2019, 06:37 AM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cam
One of the best builds on LS1tech
I couldn't agree more. Definitely my favorite build on LS1tech.

Yea, him taking credit is super weird and downright insulting. So "Outlawed Street Cars" did the rebuild after the engine blew? But they're now getting credit for "building" "Bobby's plan"? The level of detail the author went into about how bobby thought of the whole build is just crazy.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tdishon
So I sold the car after I finished the build and heard that some shop turned up the boost... It was already over 900hp! So he had to rebuild the engine.
So anyway, I see this article and I see the guy who bought my car taking credit for the entire build. Interesting. Well, I guess when you own it you can claim you built it... I guess I'm a little old school.
https://www.fuelcurve.com/grand-nast...rand-national/

Very nice build. I can't believe that guy would take the credit for your build. You should email them the link to this thread and show them. Going to check out your new build now!
Old 06-21-2019, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

I'm going to let it go. Forced Induction Tuning did all the turbo fab work. Rob Wetzel really deserves the credit for the amazing engine bay.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:51 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Arrow

So I sold the car after I finished the build and heard that some shop turned up the boost... It was already over 900hp! So he had to rebuild the engine.
So anyway, I see this article and I see the guy who bought my car taking credit for the entire build. Interesting. Well, I guess when you own it you can claim you built it... I guess I'm a little old school.
https://www.fuelcurve.com/grand-nast...rand-national/
A car a friend and I built in '99 made it to Hemmings Muscle Machines, two owners later. The author embellished and got some details incorrect.

When the author incorrectly gives credit for the build to the current owner, it doesn't necessarily mean the owner should be given credit for the poor work of the author.
Old 06-22-2019, 04:04 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I have never understood why anyone would even want to take credit for anothers work or ideas. The entire desire to even want to do this simply does not compute for me at all. These people are wholly broken and likely have no concept of self because there literally is NOTHING more self defeating than trying to take credit for something you yourself did not do or think of. I see it like stealing time from yourself and giving it away to some odd form of identity that can never be yours and to accept this within ones own mind? Certainly will not produce net benefits to you or anyone around you.

In short, I feel sorry for the person or persons who made that article out in a BS manner. They need help and the only person who can help them? Is themselves.

As for the build? My earlier comments say it clean, simple and truthfully.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct, more heat.
Some people speed up the supercharger using a smaller pulley, but that is more heat with no additional cooling and max aprox 100-150hp additional without a cam to mate it with. To overcome the heat issues we use water-to-air intercoolers. Air-to-air intercoolers are 1/2 as efficient as water-to-air. One intercooler for the supercharger running with a stock pulley and one intercooler for the twins. Forgot to mention that she runs on E-85 which is plentiful in my area. She never gets warm.
What intercooler was used for the supercharger and where is it mounted ?
Old 10-02-2019, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, glad I found this thread. For one, what a great build and secondly I was looking for info on installing a low mount AC compressor using the C5 accessories. The pics show that I'm on the right track.

Quick Reply: LSA/Grand National Conversion