Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MetriPack Terminals, Connectors and other such tidbits!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MetriPack Terminals, Connectors and other such tidbits!

Hey folks, my name is Matt, long-time forum lurker, first time poster. I've been working on an LS swap in to my '95 C1500. Future plans include an LSx swap in to my (gasp) 1971 Dodge Charger.

One thing I have noticed, and found very little info on, is what to do with messed up connectors.

If you're engine was like mine, it came from the salvage yard with a lot of cut connectors, including O2 sensors, trans connectors, etc. I also wanted to splice the engine management harness in to the factory relay center/fuse block for a factory appearance, easy future diagnosing, etc.

One option for this is to buy repair pigtails. If you only have one or two to fix, this is probably the way to go. Any more then that, and you are paying way too much!

The key to this is getting yourself familiar with the Delphi Connection Systems catalog, specifically the MetriPack (MP) portion. The MP connectors are what the LSx harnesses are made from.

The catalog can be downloaded here and includes most, if not all terminals, connectors, and even fuseblock or bulkhead connectors if you are really doing something ambitious.

http://delphi.com/pdf/contact/brochu...balCatalog.pdf

My preferred vendor for these components is www.mouser.com. They usually have what you need in stock, ship fast, and the pricing is reasonable.

If anybody needs more info, let me know and I'll try my best to help you out.

-Matt
Old 07-08-2014, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, I've use this catalog (most likely a few years old now) and a few others that market connectors and terminal to repair. I've order countless terminals many times from them.. as I also perfer to not splice wire and pigtail if possible. I also use old connectors to make my harness and add components and devices by de-pinning and using new terminals.
I also find that some local parts stores (Napa for one) do carry or can order the Delco spec cases and terminals.
BC
Old 07-08-2014, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have used www.eficonnection.com I think they are a site sponsor.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldgoat69
I have used www.eficonnection.com I think they are a site sponsor.
Cool, I will have to check them out, looks like they have a nice selection of components. Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: MetriPack Terminals, Connectors and other such tidbits!