Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible to fix this PS pump issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible to fix this PS pump issue?

The junkyard I got my alternator/bracket/ and power steering pump.. someone cut the lines off.. before the fitting.. So now the small line that goes right into the pump is cut and pinched.. Can I fix this by just trying to open up the pinch and just run a hose with a clamp or does that line come out and I can get a new one? Added a picture to show you what i'm talking about. The silver line I can screw out but the black one doesn't look like it can be removed.. I still have my old PS pump from my 80 c10, can I just swap pulleys and bolt it to the bracket?
Attached Thumbnails Possible to fix this PS pump issue?-cam00119.jpg  
Old 07-28-2014, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

that black one looks like the low pressure inlet and the silver one is the high pressure out (I could be wrong on this). You should be able to cut back the low pressure line to get a hose to fit on. The high pressure line should be tossed and replaced. Rock Auto has a pretty comprehensive parts catalog. I'd do some digging there.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Okay awesome, I'll reuse my trucks high pressure line and just open up the low pressure line on the pump and try to fit a hose and clamp over it. Thanks! Slowly but surely my 5.3 swap is getting there haha.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

Default p/s

thats what i did in my 83 c10,just removed the high psi line out of the new 5.3 and installed the orginal c10 p/s line,and just got a new line with a clamp on the return.havent ran the engine yet but it worked as far as the fittings and lines. let me know if it works when you get it working or if you have issues because iam getting closer to getting mine running as well.

Quick Reply: Possible to fix this PS pump issue?