Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 caprice lq4, couple ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 07:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default 94 caprice lq4, couple ??

I got a 94 caprice 9c1 roller. Put in 03 lq4, 4l80e. Its mostly done, but have a few loose ends I hope you guys can help me with.

For AC, I am using the van lq4 compressor in the stock location. Will need to notch the xmember slightly. The car didn't come with a condenser. I got a 14x25 parallel flow off ebay. I got it mounted, then started reading that it needs to be tight as possible to the radiator. I have about 2-2.5 inches. Big deal? Especially considering I am going to have a 4.5" thick intercooler in front of all of it?

I was originally planning on mounting the pcm under the front passenger seat, and it is 99% done for that. Eventually this powertrain will end up in a nicer car like a fleetwood or roadmaster, though. If that has a power pass seat, the pcm most likely won't fit. So I am thinking about putting the pcm in the trunk.

Which means extending wires. Lots of them... I can handle that, but unsure about the twisted sensor wires for input shaft speed. Can I buy twisted pairs somewhere? If so, I can't find it. Just twist them myself? Negative effects of extending them 5-6 ft? So far they are still factory length.

I would put the pcm under the hood, but no good spot with the turbo plumbing.

Thanks for any help!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

OSS is twisted as well. Think those are the only 2.

Quick Reply: 94 caprice lq4, couple ??