Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any LS swapped old mopar cars?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any LS swapped old mopar cars?

looking for some more info on LS swapping my 73 dodge dart... I tried doing some searching and came up short, The few I found were getting bashed my mopar purist the hole time and quit posting info.

I am a mopar fan to we have a 66 dodge Charger and a 66 big block Plymouth Satilite but nothing beats ls power bang for your buck. so if any one has did it please share pics and info
Old 08-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up

JCG Customs out in So Cal did the swap on a Challenger. I was out there in June and saw it at a local cruise. Really nice car!

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=41291
Old 08-03-2014, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

anyone else???
Old 08-03-2014, 09:57 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I want to see your 66 Plymouth if you have pics up. My Great Uncle bought one new and I'm a B-body fan.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Riley Motorsports makes a K member for an LS swap.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

I have a 68 Plymouth sport satellite I thought about doing a lsx swap to.

someone would probably burn it down lol
Old 08-10-2014, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Raffman
Riley Motorsports makes a K member for an LS swap.
Really got a link?
Old 08-11-2014, 02:08 AM
Teching In

I'm a Mopar guy but I've also been a Mopar guy long enough to detest a lot of new "Mopar guys" to the point I've considered doing an LS swap and adding hydraulics and 13x5 Dayton wires to a '70 Duster parts car I bought. Just to troll them. Because it's my car, not theirs. Some things to consider when doing a swap: If you have an A-B-E or C body keep the torsion bars if possible. They help locate the lower arms. Ditch the wiring bulkhead connector or swap from the factory ammeter to a volt meter. 12 years ago a friend of mine bought a '70 Newport 2 door 383 car that was grandma fresh when the second owner got it. The second owner unloaded the T-bars and cut the inner fenders to install hydros leading to a cracked frame and a trip to the junkyard. As for the bulkhead connector, back in 1995 I had 2 wires in my '73 Duster short out inside the dash. The wires that ran from the charging system through the BHC melted together. My entire dash lit up like Christine and the ammeter pegged, then all the lights on my car went dead. Not what you want after 5:00 PM in the middle of nowhere in Mendocino County! Also, if you want to swap a 5 speed you will probably have to cut the T-bar crossmember. Which is structural. Good luck. I have seen R-154, T-56 and Keisler "bolt-in" swaps go wrong.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PrimerDust360
I'm a Mopar guy but I've also been a Mopar guy long enough to detest a lot of new "Mopar guys" to the point I've considered doing an LS swap and adding hydraulics and 13x5 Dayton wires to a '70 Duster parts car I bought. Just to troll them. Because it's my car, not theirs. Some things to consider when doing a swap: If you have an A-B-E or C body keep the torsion bars if possible. They help locate the lower arms. Ditch the wiring bulkhead connector or swap from the factory ammeter to a volt meter. 12 years ago a friend of mine bought a '70 Newport 2 door 383 car that was grandma fresh when the second owner got it. The second owner unloaded the T-bars and cut the inner fenders to install hydros leading to a cracked frame and a trip to the junkyard. As for the bulkhead connector, back in 1995 I had 2 wires in my '73 Duster short out inside the dash. The wires that ran from the charging system through the BHC melted together. My entire dash lit up like Christine and the ammeter pegged, then all the lights on my car went dead. Not what you want after 5:00 PM in the middle of nowhere in Mendocino County! Also, if you want to swap a 5 speed you will probably have to cut the T-bar crossmember. Which is structural. Good luck. I have seen R-154, T-56 and Keisler "bolt-in" swaps go wrong.
hey thanks for the insite , unfortunately it looks like I cant keep the torsion bars so I ordered the coil over kit from bobs fab and added hemi denies Chromalloy shock towers, as for the bulk head ill have to do some reading on them! I love old mopar cars and the power one can produce, but they can not compete with the LS motor and be as street able. My plan all along was to do a 6.1 turbo hemi build but the cost of the motor and swap alone left me with no cash to fix the rest of the car up so the LS build has started I hope to have the motor setting in it next week but we will see
Old 08-11-2014, 11:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

don't know if you consider it "old mopar" but there was a guy on here who claimed the LS swap into his Dodge Durango was the easiest LS swap of all time.

he use to post a few years back.

That second link on the LS'd 440 six pac was a pretty extreme thread. I remember looking for a mopar back in high school but they all were to damn nose heavy. It didn't help that the mopar crowd always came off as an odd bunch. Between those two things I have never really liked the cars. But when I read they LS'd a 440 six pac even I cringed a bit. That moniker "six pac" is absolute classic. Reading through the whole thread I can agree with the guy's reasons for doing it, but damn.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm glad this thread came up. I've been hunting for a 70 roadrunner because I've always wanted a superbird but I can't afford a $100K+ car so I want to build a clone. The problem is I don't like the mopar engines. I was thinking how cool a superbird would be with an LS3. The fall out at the local mopar show would be epic.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

bump any more info?
Old 08-16-2014, 03:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Me and Jeff here did his 1987 Dodge D150..not anything old school Mopar but I bet it similar..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...dodge-ram.html

And no joke on the people hating on the LS Swap in a Mopar, we even got **** for it in person and no one would step up to run, just talk ****.
People are just damn ignorant.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:26 PM
12 Second Club

It all in all wasnt that hard. Obviously custom engine mounts are a must. Used all fbody accessories and an fbody harness with pcm. Ran a fuel cell as well. merv posted a link to my thread already. Theres also an LS1 dodge ram floating around on tech.

The purists get super butt hurt about swapping motors into mopars. They are worst than mustang guys but they can go eat a dick.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
don't know if you consider it "old mopar" but there was a guy on here who claimed the LS swap into his Dodge Durango was the easiest LS swap of all time.
It was actually a Dakota. I followed his thread and did one also.

Love it.

Mopar guys do not love it.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BoostedBird
Really got a link?

Here ya go, I've been to his shop and seen the install, very cool !

https://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/home.php
Old 08-18-2014, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

thanks guys I will be test fitting the ls in the car this week with a few different oil pans
Old 08-19-2014, 11:36 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I did an LS swap into a '57 Belvedere back in '05. Drove it to Tulsa in '07 for the Tulsarama. It was great. Sold it in 2009 to a guy down in Texas. Hopefully it's still cruising around down there.
Attached Thumbnails any LS swapped old mopar cars?-driving_web.jpg   any LS swapped old mopar cars?-vetuskeybelvedere07lr.jpg   any LS swapped old mopar cars?-engine_web.jpg   any LS swapped old mopar cars?-dsc02578web.jpg  
Old 08-24-2014, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tuske427
I did an LS swap into a '57 Belvedere back in '05. Drove it to Tulsa in '07 for the Tulsarama. It was great. Sold it in 2009 to a guy down in Texas. Hopefully it's still cruising around down there.
THAT IS BAD ***... I have heard the new gen hemi swap mounts are very close to the ls1 1/16 of a in im told so all you have to do is drill them out a bit, anyone know this to be true?
Old 08-25-2014, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Yea that thing looks sharp in that car. What Valve Covers are they?

Quick Reply: any LS swapped old mopar cars?