Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 auto mustang 5.3 swap help

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 auto mustang 5.3 swap help

I actually got a 2000 mustang gt for 2gs it was cheap i know the engine *4.6* dont pack a punch so i got a 5.3 with tranny harness and accessories for 1200
i am planning to engine swap i know i need an ls swap kit which runs about 900dum
i want to know wut other mods do i have to do and wut other expenses do i have to make so i can get the car going

aswell as wut beginner combination mods can i get to have the full potential of the car *all motor*
Old 10-13-2014, 02:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you looking to modify your own engine harness or buy one already done? You need to modify yours trans cross member to fit the trans you have, I used a th350 in my swap, you'll need headers unless you go with 2010 and newer camaro manifolds, you'll also need a cowl hood if you're planning on using the truck intake, you can use a Walbro 255 in-tank pump as long as you keep it a mild motor but you have to wire it to the Chevrolet computer to switch on with the key just like it did with the ford motor, just pm we any other questions you might have and I'll try to help ya out

Quick Reply: 2000 auto mustang 5.3 swap help