Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls Swapping Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls Swapping Silverado

Well boys and girls, ever since a few years ago when i got my Camaro, My brother(along with myself) fell in love with Ls power. We have always joked around about ls swapping his 98 God Damn Chevy Silverado. Shes a 4x4 k1500 ext cab short bed automatic. Recently, we decided to make it a reality. So once this good ol' vortec finally gives out on us after all the hell we have put it through, shes gonna get a realllll motor. So we have a few questions.......

1. How well is the stock 4l60e is going hold up? Wanted to just use a different bell housing so we can keep it 4x4.

2. How well is the rear end going to hold up? I dont even know what kind of rear comes in them.

3. Is the motor going to bolt right into the mounts? first time swapping anything to a different motor.

4. Going to put in some 4.10s considering thats the truck we pull all the toys around with, would a small cam interfere with towing power? Really want to avoid a stall.

5. Should we go ls1, ls2, some kind of lq? Just want to whoop up on some mustangs and still pull our toys around without a problem.

Thanks in advance for all the replys and sorry if i didnt post in the right category.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I'm just getting old ...
But how about just buying the newer body style truck with a ls already ???
In my opinion their better trucks .. Newer technology ...
Save you ls swapping skill for something else maybe a older body style truck would be cool 85ish..
Or mod the newer truck
Up my way you can buy a reman 5.7 vortec for $1000.00
Just my $.02
Old 10-22-2014, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the opinion!! I think its just more of a sentimental factor more than anything though.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Go for it,easiest LS swap possible,rework your existing harness,re-route and change connectors on the fuel lines,buy some mounts and slot some holes in the flexplate,LQ4 is the way to go,a few days work and a few grand will get you on the way.And yes the 4L60E will soon suffer a merciless painful death,just go with the 4L80E the 6.0 is attached to and get it over with.

Quick Reply: Ls Swapping Silverado