Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help on options for 4x4 please

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on options for 4x4 please

hey guys, building myself a track car at the minute, the original plan was using a nissan VH41 awd motor that has the front diff in the sump and using the GTR getrag 6 speed. anyway, the VH41 is like rocking horse crap to get hold of and so decided on the LS1 used in the holden avalanche or cross 8 that also has the front diff in the sump as this is important for me. with the diff being on the opposite side of the engine to the nissan motor, im now stuck for a trans. holden only ever bought out awd in auto which im not interested in. ive seen the RSG adaper plate to mount a transfer case onto a T56. has anyone had any experience with this? or does anyone have any recommendations for a trans and transfer case theyd use? the cars only going to be weighing in at around 1100-1200kg. as your sat in the car, the transfer would need to be a left hand drop.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

someone mentioned to me that the tremec 4050 was available with the bell housing to fit the LS and came with a transfer box but ive struggled to find anything on it

Quick Reply: help on options for 4x4 please