Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 plus ECM in C5 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 plus ECM in C5 Corvette

I have recently bought a smashed up 2006 C6 and a theft recovery 2004 c5. The frame is no good on the C6 but most of the other parts are still good.It got hit in the drivers door.

I am planning on putting the ls2 into the c5 with the c5 transmission. I am thinking it might be easier to buy a new PCM and rewire my existing harness to fit it than using the ECU it came with. What are your thoughts? Will I run into any sensor or other discrepancies there?

I am wondering if it will be possible to mate the c6 ECU and transmission module with the c5 BCM. I don't mind repining and rearranging wires but I want to know if they will be able to communicate.

I am also wondering if I will be able to mate the transmission module to the c5 transmission? My wife wants to keep the c5 automatic transmission in it so she can enjoy it too. The c6 came with a manual.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a less important note what other c6 parts should I keep to put in the c5? I am thinking wheels and brakes so far. Maybe shocks, air cleaner and exhaust but I don't know if that would be an advantage or not. Both cars have low miles.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone need yellow body panels or C6 parts?
Old 11-13-2014, 04:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's some info.

The C5 engine has a 24x reluctor wheel. The 2006 Corvette LS2 has a 58x reluctor.

Tipsy
Old 11-23-2014, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Easiest solution is the ligenfelter box and use the LS2 complete

Does the 04 have an engine still? Why bother with such a minor swap if it does

Quick Reply: LS2 plus ECM in C5 Corvette