Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions regarding engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions regarding engine swap

Hey guys I posted here a while back about swapping a LS into my rx8. I've decided to go with a 4.8 w/ 4L60e combo. Have most of the rx8 broken down just have a couple odds and ends that I still need to get rid of Before I start cutting and break out the BFH.

I have a few questions and concerns regarding the electrical aspect of the swap so please bare with me.

*Whats needed to make the DBW setup on the 4.8 work? So far I know I need the PCM, TAC module and Accelerator pedal that match the engine but is there anything else that's needed?

*How much of a PITA would it be to convert the 4.8 from DBM to DBC? What would I need besides the cable TB and PCM?

*Please someone clear this up but is the MIL is basically a controlled ground on the gm pcm correct???

SO in theory if I were to use the truck pcm and harness I could just wire pin 46 on the C2 connector to an LED and a positive to the ignition and have a working check engine light?

If so then that saves me ALOT of headache.

Here's a pic of the car as she sits.
Attached Thumbnails Questions regarding engine swap-1495535_633246033452711_8744677116154568987_n.jpg  
Old 11-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have the correct TAC Module and Accelerator pedal to match your PCM your throttle body should work just fine. converting it to DBC depends on which PCM you have. certain ones can be reprogrammed for DBC. look up lt1swap. there is a ton of information about electrical on there.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man you are about to undertake a VERY difficult swap. I'm at about the halfway mark with mine. Just have fuel, exhaust and wiring to do. I am using a DBW setup but using the corvette pedal bc it is easier to mount and using a truck OS wouldn't be optimal for my setup. What are you doing for mounts? Not a lot of info on these particular swap so it's time to flex your creative muscles. For the check engine light, I'm gonna connect the MIL signal from the PCM to the light on the dash. Worst case I'll just disable the light and wire in my own LED in that area. Here's some motivation for ya.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I assume you have a truck motor? You're gonna need all f body stuff to work under the hood. I tried to fit a truck pedal in the car but it didn't seem like it would work that well. I decided to go with a corvette pedal but it has a wierd angle.

Quick Reply: Questions regarding engine swap