Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

best build thread by a mile.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Bad *** build. Its ALOT earlier to want to go work on a swap when the shop is so nice and neat.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
The lego man was cute. lol
Haha, thanks man. That's my homeboy Torch the giant Lego man who is also a flashlight.

Originally Posted by bluezq8
I kinda want a Miata now.... One of the most entertaining builds I've ever seen!
Thank you sir, glad you're enjoying the updates! Miatas are really a hoot- try driving one sometime!

Originally Posted by PT Nova
Thanks for posting! This is one of the coolest and cleanest builds i've seen. Badass car.
You're welcome sir and thank you for the kind words!

Originally Posted by JohnnyFbomb
Great build! I'm sure it really slows down the build to film it the way you do. I would be way too impatient to film a build like this. Thanks for taking the time. BTW, i believe i've seen your garage on garagejournal forum.
Thank you! Yes, filming definitely slows things down but I suppose I've kinda got the hang of it. Oh yeah, I love the Garage Journal!

Originally Posted by mapleridge
best build thread by a mile.
Thank you sir, I appreciate you saying that!

Bad *** build. Its ALOT earlier to want to go work on a swap when the shop is so nice and neat.
Thank you for saying that, I tell ya man, I have to stay organized or I feel like I waste too much time and am prone to making more mistakes.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:36 AM
Staging Lane

Wow, Ive been a long time watcher of your yellow miata and GN, you attention to detail is amazing. I will be eagerly watching this thread!!
Old 03-27-2015, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

Thank you for all of the kind words and for checking out the videos everyone! That said, it's update time! Here's the latest stuff going on with the build:

More pics and build details on my Miata website.

The CTS-V Accessory Drive Kit with AC arrives!

This is such a great setup. You gotta love OEM level quality and fit!

This is the V8 Roadsters LSx Cooling system. It uses a Fluidyne core, a Spal fan and fits perfectly in the Miata's cozy engine bay.

The Corvette Z06 Cold Air Intake kit from Flyin Miata. This is a very well-thought out solution that includes every single nut and bolt to do the job properly. This will give us the "factory installed" look we're going for.

Here's me welding in the new bumper brace which makes room for the big Corvette snorkel.

The drive by wire pedal mounted and ready to go! This is from the Chevrolet Performance LS376/525 Engine Controller Kit that I'll be installing later on.

Thanks for checking it out and have a good one!
Old 03-28-2015, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Love it!
Old 03-29-2015, 09:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

LOL @ "I'm getting TOO OLD FOR THIS ". Dude, you're under 30. You're still a young buck !!!

Great job. Please keep it coming !!!
Old 03-30-2015, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, this is an awesome build! Keep the updates coming man, looking forward to seeing this complete! As everyone else said, love how super clean this is!
Old 03-30-2015, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantastic documentation on the build. I'm finding it harder and harder waiting for the next episode.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:02 PM
Launching!

Nice build and the shop space is awesome.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camaro1185
Wow, Ive been a long time watcher of your yellow miata and GN, you attention to detail is amazing. I will be eagerly watching this thread!!
Thank you sir, I appreciate the support over the years and I'm glad you're enjoying the latest videos!

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Love it!
Thanks man!

LOL @ "I'm getting TOO OLD FOR THIS ". Dude, you're under 30. You're still a young buck !!! Great job. Please keep it coming !!!
Haha, well I haven't been under 30 for a LONG time, but I'll take that as a compliment!

Originally Posted by JCS94
Man, this is an awesome build! Keep the updates coming man, looking forward to seeing this complete! As everyone else said, love how super clean this is!
Thank you for the kind and encouraging words, I appreciate it very much!

Originally Posted by Schitzo
Fantastic documentation on the build. I'm finding it harder and harder waiting for the next episode.
Thanks a ton man, I appreciate you saying that and I'll be posting the next update on April 10th.

Originally Posted by btlegacy
Nice build and the shop space is awesome.
Thank you!
Old 04-02-2015, 02:03 AM
On The Tree

is it april 10th yet?
Old 04-02-2015, 06:21 AM
Teching In

April 10th Can't get here fast enough
Old 04-02-2015, 07:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Underdog - It's great to see someone as **** as I am about having a clean work space, attention to detail, and things "in order".

This Miata will be unbelievable with the 525 horse version of the LS3 crate. Please weigh this booger when she's all complete...calculated power-to-weight-ratio will be jaw dropping!
Old 04-02-2015, 09:29 AM
Staging Lane

Just wanted to say I appreciate the attention to detail and documentation of your builds. I've watched at least 90% of your videos and always get a little giddy when you upload something new. While I can really, genuinely appreciate some of the things Denmah and the 'sloppy mechanics' are doing, its nice to see the other side of the DIY spectrum as well.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:08 AM
Teching In

If this is anything like your other builds it is going to be amazing and quality when finished. Followed your Grand National build from a few years back and it was a great build. Although I have to say my favorite so far has been the GVR4 build. Love those cars and the length to keep it stock looking yet add great power was a nice touch.

Looking forward to the following turbo build when the Miata has a few miles on it (common everyone knows it will eventually happen)
Old 04-03-2015, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackbuick 1987
If this is anything like your other builds it is going to be amazing and quality when finished. Followed your Grand National build from a few years back and it was a great build...
Any link to this build?
Old 04-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Goldhawg
Any link to this build?

It is on his youtube channel but this should get you there.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mapleridge
is it april 10th yet?
Thank you for watching and looking forward to the videos!

Originally Posted by KilrMGBGT
April 10th Can't get here fast enough
Haha, I appreciate that and I'm glad you look forward to them!

Originally Posted by TrentSS
Underdog - It's great to see someone as **** as I am about having a clean work space, attention to detail, and things "in order".

This Miata will be unbelievable with the 525 horse version of the LS3 crate. Please weigh this booger when she's all complete...calculated power-to-weight-ratio will be jaw dropping!
Thank you sir and I appreciate the kind words! It should definitely be peppy and I'll be sure to weigh it and post that info. Thank you for watching and joining in on the fun.

Originally Posted by Jesse_Boyer
Just wanted to say I appreciate the attention to detail and documentation of your builds. I've watched at least 90% of your videos and always get a little giddy when you upload something new. While I can really, genuinely appreciate some of the things Denmah and the 'sloppy mechanics' are doing, its nice to see the other side of the DIY spectrum as well.
Thank you for all of the kind support and I agree with you. I definitely respect that work as well, it's always full of interesting ideas and creativity.

Originally Posted by Blackbuick 1987
It is on his youtube channel but this should get you there.
Thank you for posting this up, I appreciate that!
Old 04-10-2015, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,388 Likes on 877 Posts

Tom,

Just watched Part #6. Great job as always.

However, that bleeder kit uses a crush washer, which many people report to leak. I posted about this in my Cougar build thread.

Andrew

Quick Reply: Thunderbolt! My LS3 V8 Miata build