Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV port in Air Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PCV port in Air Intake?

I got all my cold air intake pieces in from Silicone Intakes. Now I'm wondering what everyone is doing for the supply port to run the hose to off the valve cover? I'm thinking of getting a 1/4" NPT aluminum bung and having it welded into the tube after the MAF and running the hose to that. Any simpler options?
Old 03-25-2015, 06:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I am in the same dilemma, but determined two solutions.

I bought 1" round bar stock from Amazon for $12.

1. I was going to chop off 1/2 an inch or so and just copy the dimensions of the molded in plug. IE drill three holes. 1 pilot hole. One on the outside and one (very) slightly smaller then a third from the inside. Just need to make sure the sealing o-ring seats in to the third largest hole. Probably have to trial a bit to get the depths right. the OEM snorkel should be a good guide, though.

(same as you, but I think 1/8" would be big enough)
2. Another solution would be to tap the bung with NPT threads. Then buy a NPT to nipple adaptor that matches the OD of the one on the valve cover. Then just connect the two with vacuum - grade (quality) hose.

Last edited by DW SD; 03-25-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up ordering a 1/4" npt aluminum bung off ebay. Didn't realize how available they were with the custom bike croud. I'll have it welded into the intake tube and use a nipple like you suggested. Seems like the simplest solution.

Quick Reply: PCV port in Air Intake?