Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I may be new but I ain't brand new

Old 05-16-2015, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I may be new but I ain't brand new

I have a lq4 going into a gbody malibu. I am plumbing the fuel system now. I have used a pump from a trailblazer ss. Cut the ring from a grand prix with a steel tank,and welded it into my stock tank. I am using black nylon over stainless braided line -6 supply and return. Two billet inline filters and a vacuum reference regulator. I am wondering if I can get by without adding the third line on the pump that goes to the other thing in the tank. As you can tell I don't know what that piece is called or does. I think it has something to do with the fumes or vapor control. Can anyone help me out?
Old 05-16-2015, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics

Here are a few pics.

This is after I welded and cold Galvinized it

This is my eBay intake. I know Chinese but I think it looks ok. One fuel rail was a Lil difficult but I got it straight.

I had to get a smaller alternator. The tps hit so a 120 amp helped there.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

The middle fitting typically goes to the purge solenoid, but not all senders have them, and by the looks of the one in your pic, it looks like one that isnt set up to use it since there is no nipple part on it. The ones with no nipple are not open, so unless it's broken off, look at it close and see if it is.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I may be new but I ain't brand new