Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A-Body Fuel Line Questions???

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A-Body Fuel Line Questions???

I have a 1971 Monte Carlo with a 2001 5.3 and just got a B-Body gas tank and a new in-tank pump. I'm trying to figure out what to do about the fuel lines. I can't find anything about the lines only about the tank.

Can I use the stock line and or should I run a new line?

Which is better, steel or nylon for a new line?
Old 06-16-2015, 08:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,388 Likes on 877 Posts

Originally Posted by jjamm7667
I have a 1971 Monte Carlo with a 2001 5.3 and just got a B-Body gas tank and a new in-tank pump. I'm trying to figure out what to do about the fuel lines. I can't find anything about the lines only about the tank.

Can I use the stock line and or should I run a new line?

Which is better, steel or nylon for a new line?
If you have a factory 3/8" line in place, there is no reason why you can't use it for fuel delivery. If you plan on using the Corvette filter/regulator then you will just need to run a short line back to the tank. I would use PTFE lines hoses for all the flexible lines since they are impervious to modern fuel. There are various ways of mating hard lines to AN style fittings, but I prefer using a 37* flaring tool and tube nuts. Here is a video I made to show what I am talking about:

Andrew
Old 06-16-2015, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran the nylon hose on mine and used the factory feed as the return line. 50 bucks for some nylon hose and fittings beats the hell out of paying $100's for AN lines and fittings.
Heres a thread on using nylon hose https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...ttachment.html
Old 06-16-2015, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm cheap so I used a new roll of 3/8" steel from Summit (around $30), some compression fittings, and in a few spots hooking up the pump/regulator near the tank some EFI rated rubber hose. At the rail I cut a piece of factory GM line with a disconnect on it and just used a compression fitting to join that to my new hardline.

Hard to describe in detail without it just becoming a confusing block of text but the point being it can be done cheap. One day I wouldn't mind to use some nicer stuff but this has been working for years.

Quick Reply: A-Body Fuel Line Questions???