Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

connecting LQ4 harness to 1968 Camaro body

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 01:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default connecting LQ4 harness to 1968 Camaro body

So I know that this question may have been beaten to death but I am having trouble finding detailed instructions on how to connect the LQ4 swap harness to my 1968 Camaro's body harness.

I'm confident that I can do the routing from PCM to all the sensors on the engine (the sensor connections seem pretty self explanatory) and all the connections are labelled.

But I'm having difficulty finding instructions on how to connect the harness to rest of the body.

Stuff like the key ignition, "always on power", starter wiring, fuel pump wiring, radiator wiring, etc

Is there a thread, book, or website someone could direct me to that goes over these connections in detail?
Old 07-19-2015, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can use your original starter wiring. On all time is just fused then to 12v pos battery. ignition is hot when cranking/run position, fuel pump is thru 4 prong relay (heavy duty 30amp)ground to pin86, pin 85 to fuel pump out of pcm, pin 30 to battery pos with fuse link, pin 87 to pump itself pos into pump connection. Fan is wired thru relay to and fuse linked. You can use a small universal fuse panel to tidy things up. Most of this is on LT1Swap.com

Quick Reply: connecting LQ4 harness to 1968 Camaro body