Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

That drive by wire feeling...

Old 07-31-2015, 07:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That drive by wire feeling...

Yesterday I was driving a customers 07 Denali and noticed that when accelerating from a dead stop it felt like it really wanted to go, that is it had a different feeling than my drive by cable LS1 equipped '82 Corvette. When I gave it some pedal it just "feels" like it wants to go. I know the Denali has 380 HP and 415 TQ, but it's in a heavy SUV so I was surprised at how responsive it felt. My 'Vette is well tuned and plenty fast (and light) but you have to give it some pedal to make it go which makes it feel sluggish compared to the Denali. I was thinking about it and it seems like this is probably a parameter that could be tuned and I would guess GM wanted to make the Denali feel snappy off the line. Can any of you with DBW chime in on this? Especially if you've converted to DBW!
Old 07-31-2015, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The escalade has vvt that's what makes it snappy off the line
Old 07-31-2015, 08:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,386 Likes on 875 Posts

There is a table that allows tuning for %pedal vs. %throttle. GM probably programs the big SUVs to have a quick pedal so they feel snappy.

What cable TB do you have ? I know there were changes with respect to the cable can, which would effect how it responds. You can also get a bigger TB, which will make it feel snappier.

Andrew
Old 07-31-2015, 10:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
There is a table that allows tuning for %pedal vs. %throttle. GM probably programs the big SUVs to have a quick pedal so they feel snappy.

What cable TB do you have ? I know there were changes with respect to the cable can, which would effect how it responds. You can also get a bigger TB, which will make it feel snappier.

Andrew
I have an '02 LS1 which has a stock 75mm TB, I am planning on getting it ported. I'd considered doing a DBW but it seemed too expensive. If I were rich I'd upgrade to a VVT motor after feeling the difference!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: That drive by wire feeling...