Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 PCM Controlled AC Through Sensor 22599559

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 PCM Controlled AC Through Sensor 22599559

I was looking around for other ways to get the signal to the PCM other than going the metric fitting route or the resistor route. I found this sensor, which has darn near the identical ratings as the metric F-body sensor but with standard 3/8 thread pitch that could easily be threaded into a dryer such as vintage air with their supplied adapter. Has anyone tried this? Are the voltages close enough? I would think that .01 volt difference at the bench mark psi ratings would not really cause an issue. What are your thoughts??

Name:  Capture_zps8o5t5cgu.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  118.8 KB
Old 08-09-2015, 08:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have an aftermarket a/c system we have a direct drop in option. Ready to roll!

http://www.shop.bp-automotive.com/LS-Swap-A-C-Reciever-Drier-with-Pressure-Transducer-AC100-or-AC150.htm
Old 08-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Looks like your using the exact parts I just laid out...
Old 08-09-2015, 08:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

No. We are using an OEM spec receiver drier with the metric port and the actual GM transducer. The second port is for a binary switch for non-PCM controlled applications.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

Gotcha
Old 08-10-2015, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

That's a lot of mark up BP Automotive...

>non-soonsor link removed

Last edited by speedtigger; 08-16-2015 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Non-sponsor link
Old 08-15-2015, 10:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

We aren't selling just a receiver drier, it includes all the switches needed.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BP Automotive
We aren't selling just a receiver drier, it includes all the switches needed.
An ACDelco pressure switch from Rock Auto is $24 and that drier is $35. Thats retail price and I can do better than that so you are marking up by at least 50%. That okay as you can mark up by any amount you want, but don't say its a deal. Might be convenient, but when all you do is screw two pieces together and resale it...
Old 08-16-2015, 08:17 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I suppose you are getting those pieces shipped for free from two different places as well? No. Once you pay for shipping from two different stores, and take into account I'm not charging shipping, I'm not making near what you think I am.

I ship the part for free. So $13 shipping, means it's actually being sold for $87.

$35
+$25
+$25 for shipping from the two stores to you. (I have to pay shipping as well)

That's $85. Sure looks like I'm making a killing over what it would actually cost you to have those two parts shipped separately. It would cost around $85 for the combo shipped separately from me it's $100 shipped.

I also warranty what I sell without question. Anyone who has dealt with us knows that. I also provide the needed diagrams and tech support for getting the a/c up and how to integrate it in to the many Ls applications that require it to be done different ways.

Call rockauto, call coldhose, call vintage air, call classic air, and search google they will tell you how to do that. They will also provide needed diagrams. They will provide the tech support to integrate your AC. No they won't.

Just wondering guys, where do you make your living at? How is it you feed your wife and kids? I need to go tell them that you make too much money just like you do to me. What's sad is, if you look around our site our prices are more than competitive, but yet it's not free or at cost so yet you think that I'm charging too much.

Just because you can get the parts separate elsewhere doesn't mean that those two parts are the only thing you get from me.

We ARE the leading company when it comes to integrating AC into LS swapped vehicles, and retaining all or most of the LS controls for the AC.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491

Last edited by BP Automotive; 08-16-2015 at 08:54 AM.

Quick Reply: LS1 PCM Controlled AC Through Sensor 22599559