Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.8 Vortec in a 93

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.8 Vortec in a 93

Hello, this is my first post and my very first swap but I need tons of help on how to do it. I have a 93 2 door Chevy blazer fullsize. I wa's looking at the 4.8 Vortec and wanted to know it it would fit and be reliable in my truck, also if my transmission would fit it. I believe it's a 4l60e. How would the wiring go mouting the engine, fuel etc.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!!!
Old 08-11-2015, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

The motor will fit no problem and i am pretty sure the tranny will too. You will need a new fuel pump and connect your lines to the 4.8. A standalone harness will be the easiest way. You should put this in the conversion section. The setup will be very reliable. I have a 5.3 with a 5 speed in a 1992 pickup for 3 years and no problems. Check out ls1truck(Google) there is alot of info on your swap.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gagliano7
The motor will fit no problem and i am pretty sure the tranny will too. You will need a new fuel pump and connect your lines to the 4.8. A standalone harness will be the easiest way. You should put this in the conversion section. The setup will be very reliable. I have a 5.3 with a 5 speed in a 1992 pickup for 3 years and no problems. Check out ls1truck(Google) there is alot of info on your swap.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it, and i don't really know my around , sorry.

Another question, did your tach work when you did the swap?

Quick Reply: 4.8 Vortec in a 93