Sponsored by:

TDM and PCM communication

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 11:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TDM and PCM communication

Hi everybody!

Iīm restoring a 1970 chevelle and I got a LQ4 from a Express Van. I want to keep the fuel injection so then Iīll keep the PCM too. i already removed some wires that I wonīt need anymore. A couple of week ago I tried to start the engine but I couldīt... the only thing I didnīt do was disable the VATS but I haven't the key and the TDM.

The point is, I canīt find anybody with hptuners or something like that to remove the VATS (Iīm in Guadalajara MEX) and I want to know how is the communication between TDM and PCM. I thought if I have the PCM for a stand alone arrangement I won't need TDM but actually somebody told me that VATS MUST to be disable, but how the PCM knows that itīs been trying to be started without the right key, that means PCM and TDM has communication and I want to know which one is the pin that close the circuit if is the case, I donīt know if the TDM just close a circuit or receive the serial data, in this case I guess that I can recreate the signal with a micro-controler. But I donīt know if there is some wire with that work between both devices and what kind of serial data has to receive the PCM.

I hope that somebody can help me, any info will be appreciated

Best Regards
Erick Ramírez

Quick Reply: TDM and PCM communication