Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seized LS1 Diagnostic Help!!! (swap build)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seized LS1 Diagnostic Help!!! (swap build)

Hello all,

This is my first post on here so be gentle...

I've been working on a 1991 318is build for a couple years now that my friends and I have fitted an LS1/T56 into using the Sikky swap kit. All was going very well until the second time I actually drove it, and it seemingly locked up after idling a few seconds when I stopped at a stop sign. When the starter couldn't roll it back over we pulled it and I dropped the clutch in 6th but the clutch wouldn't grab, then second and the rearend locked up and the car dragged sideways down the road. A wrench on the balancer wouldn't even turn it.

I am looking for advise on how to go about finding the problem...

Here are the facts:

It idled for a while BEFORE I drove it with an OBD2 computer hooked up to so I could watch the temp (stayed around 200), and all seemed fine.

LS6 intake and a "mild tune" from the company that made the computer ready to be a stand alone and plug into the BMW. RPMs were quite accurate in the cockpit compared to the OBD2 reading, so I'm confident enough on the wiring and computer set up I was running.

It had fresh oil and a new filter earlier that day with no oil leaks, tho I'm not sure the oil pressure as it didn't have a gauge on it.

The car has a curb weight of 2,600lbs b4 the swap, but it didn't have the power to break the rear tires free in first gear w/ a 2.73 BMW limited slip rearend while it was running (so I'm not confident it was ever running GREAT to begin with).

Does a loss of power followed by a seized 1998 5.7 camaro bottom end ring any familiar bells w/ anyone????

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Quick Reply: Seized LS1 Diagnostic Help!!! (swap build)