Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another 5.3 swapping to ls6 intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 10:22 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Another 5.3 swapping to ls6 intake

I'm swapping intake, heads, cam on my 5.3 in my '77 c10, and I need some help with hose routing. I'm swapping out my truck intake for an ls6 intake and was hoping you guys could tell me what goes where as far as intake ports.

Does this port go to the pass side valve cover port?
Another 5.3 swapping to ls6 intake-tb-port-pass-side.jpg

My current TB doesn't have the port coming out of it that attaches to the valve cover. Does this hose attach to the port in the previous pic for the l6 intake?
Another 5.3 swapping to ls6 intake-tb-port-valve-cover.jpg

I know the larger port here is for brake booster, but can the smaller port remain plugged? Is there anything I need to do if this port can stay plugged?
Another 5.3 swapping to ls6 intake-rear-port.jpg

This is my current pcv hose. Where does this attached to the ls6 intake?
Another 5.3 swapping to ls6 intake-rear-pcv-driver-side.jpg

Also, the ls6 intake fuel rails are a return-less set up and my current set up in the truck intake is feed and return as you can see. Other that the vette filter/reg change, is there anything else I need to change on the intake/rail side?

I did search and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I apologize if this has already been asked somewhere else.

Last edited by JNJchev77; 10-16-2015 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Well, I was able to finally find the info I needed.

Going with an LS6 valley cover. Plug for driver's PCV port. I'm not running a catch can but I will monitor any oil consumption.

Drilling and tapping the intake for the pass side valve cove vacuum.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:48 AM
Teching In

JNJchev77, What drive accessories did you use to fit the LS6 intake to the truck block?
Old 09-08-2018, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I too an wondering how to run a fuel return from the LS6 intake manifold fuel rails.....any answers??
Old 09-09-2018, 03:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 193 Likes on 134 Posts

I have read that a lot of people are using the Corvette fuel filter that has a return line coming out of it. The 'Vette filter also has a built in fuel pressure regulator so that part is taken care of as well. See this post; https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...-ls1-swap.html

If you do your return line that way, then you only need the supply line running up to the fuel pressure rails.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Use a quality filter / regulator. Wix, NAPA Gold (made by Wix), AC Delco are all good brands. I blew out 2 'brand X' units before I changed to a NAPA. One failed on initial key on. Went to 100 psi instantly.

Quick Reply: Another 5.3 swapping to ls6 intake