Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lsx swap platform decision.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lsx swap platform decision.

Hey guys, I'm kinda at a cross roads, I bought a 89 mk3 supra and the engine ended up having some issues a couple months later. I could have fixed it but I had always wanted to do a Lsx swap into my old projects and never did.

So my supra is a pig, its heavy and I am really wanting something really responsive, so I am debating on getting rid of the supra and replacing it with the Rx7 fc or maybe something else close to that. Not for drifting just cruising around and maybe some autocross or spirited driving.

I know ultimately its my decision, was wondering if maybe anyone here would have any personal experience with the two even stock vs stock that might have some input or another well handling platform for the lsx.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

US e the SEARCH function at the top. Best of luck.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Show us the Supra. I have zero experience with both but have always liked both platforms. I think the Supra will be more unique and if it's more a street car the extra size and weight can be a benefit.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Oh ive been searching and reading, finding plenty on the FD , some on the Fc. Doesn't seem to be too much on the supra with Lsx as far as anyone on the other forums/youtube describing the handling after the swap. I already know its a sled to begin with at 3600 lbs and from what I've read a lot of body flex because of the targa top. Attached thumbnail is my supra.
Attached Thumbnails lsx swap platform decision.-dscn0327.jpg  
Old 11-29-2015, 11:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,386 Likes on 875 Posts

I've built two FCs and it is a very well documented swap. I would go with the swap components made by Ronin Speedworks. They also have a kit that will allow you to mount a 8.8 Ford Explorer diff in the rear.

The FC is a very well engineered platform and can be had very inexpensively. You can start with a GLX model which will give you the TII brakes.

First FC...

Second FC...

Andrew
Old 11-29-2015, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

Also may want to consider a 240sx chassis. Swap parts readily available, light in comparison (2,800 lbs for a Zenki) and with patience chassis can be had relatively inexpensively.

Quick Reply: lsx swap platform decision.