Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

67 camaro 6.0 80e swap problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 67 camaro 6.0 80e swap problems

Not my car but on a guys car I'm trying to help diagnose a problem with. I've been searching on here for about 30 minutes and while I know this problem has surely been experienced by other's I can't seem to locate it.

Its a 67 Camaro with a 6.0/80e swap. Has a PSI harness and PCM. Supposed to be flashed with a base tune by them also which at this point we know VATs has been killed cause it ran on the engine stand without the tranny hooked up. Now its in the car with the tranny bolted on and harness plugged in and it will crank, run, then throw a maf code (cant remember which one) and kill the motor.

I have HPT but haven't been over there yet to hook up to see, but I'm thinking maybe PSI didn't do a segment swap to accept the 80e OR they may have wired it for a 60e instead and the maf and 80e aren't working together. Am I thinking right? Been a long day with personal stuff on top of this situation coming up so I'm half *** thinking about solution's and thought I'd look or ask on here.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wish I knew but I have the same exact setup, just isn't running yet
Old 12-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did the maf get turned around during the install? Have seen this done a few times during a standard maf replacement at the dealership Just a thought.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you check for vacuum leak? Mine did the exact same thing, and it turned out one of the vacuum ports on the intake was left open.

Quick Reply: 67 camaro 6.0 80e swap problems