Sponsored by:

need other recommendation cam/stall

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 11:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need other recommendation cam/stall

Hi guys,

Maybe you can help me a little again. You already offered me great advice in this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1737935-cam-vs-stall-question.html

I am now switching to a LQ4 with a 4L80E transmission.
Ideally I would go with a stall and a new cam this time around but I still have the 208/212 comp cam XFI 261 HR15. Since in my area there is not a big market for that stuff I will probably have to keep it for a while at least.

So since my car is about 4400 lbs what speed torque converter would suit this cam? Maybe you can recommend a torque that would suit a bigger cam afterwards, something like a Vinci Trucker cam.

Since the exchange rate is a killer for me right now ( I live in Canada), I might look for a used converter, If I ever go new I will contact a sponsor.

Also is a triple disk worth it for me? I very seldom go to the track but on the other hand I'd like to get as much as I can in terms of performance.

Also would you fit that cam in a LQ4 or is it really too small? Considering the engine is on the garage floor anyways right now.

And finally, are stock injectors big enough for this cam?

Quick Reply: need other recommendation cam/stall