Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Money Pit!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Money Pit!!!!

Well Im finally decided to make a build thread. So far the money pit is at my buddies shop getting a little bit of body work done to it. But my plans for this is to build a 500 horse daily driver/street truck. This truck wont be a quick build due to me having to build my old ladies honda, deal with contractors on my house thats getting built, and still work 10 hour days. I will be running a lm7 out of a 03 tahoe, but will be converting it over to a cable throttlebody, eagle rotating assembly, AFR heads, Holley Midrise Intake 92mm throttle body, crane cam most likely with a .600 lift, Havent found a set of headers yet but still looking, msd ignition coils, electric water pump and fans, with a corvette radiator, with a decent t56, nv3500 or something similar to move this beast down the road. But enough with the boring words heres some pics.
Attached Thumbnails The Money Pit!!!!-20141214_120711.jpg   The Money Pit!!!!-20141214_120701.jpg   The Money Pit!!!!-20141214_120646_1.jpg   The Money Pit!!!!-20141214_120620.jpg  
Old 01-20-2016, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Not much of an update, but sent the block off to my friend that owns a machine shop. Having the block, acid dipped and bored over .020, also ordered engine mounts from trans-dapt and a be cool aluminum radiator with dual efans.

Picked these up from my buddy today as well brand new in box. Staggered Boss 338's 18x10 rear 18x8.5 fronts. More coming soon!!!
Attached Thumbnails The Money Pit!!!!-20151215_120752.jpg  
Old 01-21-2016, 08:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lowlyfe_taz
Not much of an update, but sent the block off to my friend that owns a machine shop. Having the block, acid dipped and bored over .020, also ordered engine mounts from trans-dapt and a be cool aluminum radiator with dual efans.

Picked these up from my buddy today as well brand new in box. Staggered Boss 338's 18x10 rear 18x8.5 fronts. More coming soon!!!
On the headers I would go with the Stainlessworks longtubes from current perforamce. They're 1 7/8'ths & stainless & u get the option for v- bands too. Def pricey but we'll worth it. Use the truck starter & you will have to clearance the bell & probably dent a primary tube but that should be it.
I'm going 408 iron with a t56 magnum in a '92 Sonoma.
Def interested in how your build goes. Nice blazer man, I love the square bodies!!!
Old 01-21-2016, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jayyk31
On the headers I would go with the Stainlessworks longtubes from current perforamce. They're 1 7/8'ths & stainless & u get the option for v- bands too. Def pricey but we'll worth it. Use the truck starter & you will have to clearance the bell & probably dent a primary tube but that should be it.
I'm going 408 iron with a t56 magnum in a '92 Sonoma.
Def interested in how your build goes. Nice blazer man, I love the square bodies!!!
Thanks, im really pushing to have this thing running by this spring and completely bagged by the summer. And thanks for the advice, I will definitely take at look at them when i get to the shop tonight. Hopefully i can get the tires mounted and see what im working with in the rear i thing i may have to shorten the rear to tuck those 10.5.. lol do you have a build thread on yours?
Old 01-22-2016, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lowlyfe_taz
Thanks, im really pushing to have this thing running by this spring and completely bagged by the summer. And thanks for the advice, I will definitely take at look at them when i get to the shop tonight. Hopefully i can get the tires mounted and see what im working with in the rear i thing i may have to shorten the rear to tuck those 10.5.. lol do you have a build thread on yours?
Here's my build thread...
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/long-term-project-monster-iron-408-t-56-n-a-665850/
I haven't started a build thread on here yet but I'm going to soon. I actually just dropped off all my engine related stuff at the machine shop so I will have some updated pics soon.
If I remember right I think u can fit 10.5's under w/o modification or maybe it's a 2nd gen that you can tuck the 10.5's.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jayyk31
Here's my build thread...
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/l...56-n-a-665850/
I haven't started a build thread on here yet but I'm going to soon. I actually just dropped off all my engine related stuff at the machine shop so I will have some updated pics soon.
If I remember right I think u can fit 10.5's under w/o modification or maybe it's a 2nd gen that you can tuck the 10.5's.
Well didnt get a chance to work on the blazer lastnight, and definitely not today. The roads are super icy today in SC. Hopefully they will be acceptable by the weeked
Old 01-23-2016, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

Those Eastwood fender rolling tools work really slick to get you some extra room for wider rubber. I did my quarters on my cutlass with one. You have to use a heat gun if are not planning on painting it tho. You can rent them if you don't want to buy one also.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nice man. What part of S.C? I am in Chapin close to Columbia. I once had a bagged 02 S10. It didn't have a V8 though.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:02 PM
Teching In

I am up close to Travelers Rest, SC and we got quite a bit of slow and sleet over the weekend.

Nice wheels, is your buddy a dealer or just sold you that set?
Old 01-29-2016, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gpracer15
I am up close to Travelers Rest, SC and we got quite a bit of slow and sleet over the weekend.

Nice wheels, is your buddy a dealer or just sold you that set?
Hes a dealer and also owns his own shop. its called J&J Motorsports/After Hours Garage in Rockhill, SC. He also sells alot of other accerssories, and performance parts.

Quick Reply: The Money Pit!!!!