Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick help requested: Looking for a GTO DBW Accelerator pedal assembly

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick help requested: Looking for a GTO DBW Accelerator pedal assembly

So, I am thinking my accelerator pedal may have s*** the bed. Try as I might, I can't figure out why I keep throwing codes P2123 and P2128.

In order to make the new throttle work, I welded on the steel throttle arm -- I had assumed it was encased in plastic but I"m beginning to wonder if it wasn't and the poor little APPS1 and APPS2 were fried as a result.

Does anyone have one? I'm trying to get my race car finished in time for the next race and this piece is giving me fits.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you fried the pots,Easy to do. go to the pick a part.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EFIHARNESS
Yes you fried the pots,Easy to do. go to the pick a part.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Bit of an update: replaced the pedal (with a Corvette unit) and fixed a couple other issues (MAF was wired incorrectly, had the wrong MAP sensor which was throwing a code).

I am still not getting throttle and am throwing two codes: P2123 and P2138.

I even went so far as to disconnect the battery for 30 min, in addition to clearing the codes, in the off chance that might help.

What am I missing? I have read somewhere about the polarity needing to be switched for a couple wires in certain circumstances. Could this be the culprit? I'm using an E40 ECM and TB from a GTO with a C6 throttle pedal.

Here's how the Vette pedal is wired (A-F):
Purple, Lt Blue, Tan, Brown, Dk Blue, White.

Is this correct for a GTO?

Thanks again in advance!
Old 03-08-2016, 08:26 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give me a call so we call sort this out .Steve 909 910 3867
Old 03-16-2016, 07:21 AM
Teching In

Steve, thanks for being willing to be so available and for the quick responses. Things have been quite busy here so I haven't had a chance to post up but I'm happy to report we were able to get it sorted out. We had the wiring wrong; when adapting the Corvette pedal to the GTO assembly it requires a different wiring than when using all-Corvette stuff, evidently. So here's a summary:

Just for the sake of posterity, I thought I'd post up and state the correct wiring required to use a C6 Corvette pedal (2005-2011) with a setup using an E40 ECM and TB from a GTO (LS2 using drive by wire).

Many have said it won't work, which I'm happy to report is not true.

There are two distinct advantages in using a Vette pedal over the GTO unit:
  1. Form factor: the Corvette pedal fits higher under the dash, allowing more flexibility w.r.t. pedal travel and adaptation to the stock 944 pedal assembly.
  2. Availability: these pedals are notorious for going bad with little more than a stern look. The GTO pedals are NLA (backorder indefinitely) and they are virtually nonexistant at salvage yards. The Corvette pedal, on the other hand, was manufactured from 2005-2011 and are still being produced.

Without further ado, the wiring:

A-BROWN

B-DARK BLUE

C-WHITE

D-TAN

E-LIGHT BLUE

F-PURPLE

Quick Reply: Quick help requested: Looking for a GTO DBW Accelerator pedal assembly