Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3/TR6060 into 91 C1500

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 11:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subbed for some great info. I have a 92 that was also a v6 5spd and I did a V8/auto back in 03 but nothing as cool as this! Have any vids of it running? Also what did this swap cost if you don't mind me asking??
Old 08-30-2017, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Old 09-01-2017, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZeroTraction
Subbed for some great info. I have a 92 that was also a v6 5spd and I did a V8/auto back in 03 but nothing as cool as this! Have any vids of it running? Also what did this swap cost if you don't mind me asking??
No video but I've been driving the **** out of it. Still have a few issues to work out (no AC in Florida summer sucks) but nothing major and it runs like a champ. I had planned for years to just do a simple SBC 350 upgrade but I'm glad I went this direction.

After the motor and trans, which I probably paid too much for but since it's my daily driver I wanted to get everything together and didn't want to deal with piecing it together, I'm probably about $2500 or so into it.

Nice looking truck you've got there, get an LS in that thing.

Rock
Old 09-03-2017, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rockusaf
...I picked up an LS3 from a 2012 Camaro wih a TR6060 6 speed with 60K miles...
...I'm probably about $2500 or so into it...
Is there a zero missing from that figure?

Tipsy
Old 09-03-2017, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TipsyMcStagger
Is there a zero missing from that figure?

Tipsy
No, $2500 is probably a little light and I will admit I stopped adding up all the receipts but I don't think it's that far off. Now, that's just all the extra stuff besides the motor/trans that came with ECU, harness, all accessories, etc... I got all that off an auction on fleabay and almost tripled the cost of the rest of the parts.

Rock
Old 09-03-2017, 08:22 PM
TECH Resident

No, $2500 is probably a little light and I will admit I stopped adding up all the receipts but I don't think it's that far off. Now, that's just all the extra stuff besides the motor/trans that came with ECU, harness, all accessories, etc... I got all that off an auction on fleabay and almost tripled the cost of the rest of the parts.
Wow...a 2012 LS3 + TR6060 for less than $2500? That's the deal of the century.

Tipsy
Old 09-03-2017, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Rock
Wow...a 2012 LS3 + TR6060 for less than $2500? That's the deal of the century.

Tipsy
Come on Tipsy, a little reading comprehension goes a long way.
I come away from that comprehending he has $2500.00 in ancillaries and close to another $7500.00 for the motor, trans, ecu and harness. Then again I may be reading into it incorrectly?

Last edited by lizeec; 09-03-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lizeec
Come on Tipsy, a little reading comprehension goes a long way.
I come away from that comprehending he has $2500.00 in ancillaries and close to another $7500.00 for the motor, trans, ecu and harness. Then again I may be reading into it incorrectly?
I missed the $7500 figure, someplace.

The question was asked, "...what did this swap cost if you don't mind me asking?" and the response was, "I'm probably about $2500 or so into it."

I see now that I missed the statement, "that's just all the extra stuff."

Thanks for clarifying.

Tipsy
Old 09-04-2017, 07:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

No problem, I understand sometimes we ask a simple question as you did, and we get
a "beat around the bush, scratch your head answer" I gathered from his statement his engine, trans, ecu and harness combo cost him around $7500.00 due his statement that those items cost "almost tripled" his $2500.00 ancillaries cost.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry if this has been talked about already but how did you hook up your driveline to the tr6060....was the 6spd changed to a slip yoke setup or was your driveshaft changed to a flange type to bolt onto the trans?
Old 09-24-2017, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

I missed the $7500 figure, someplace.

The question was asked, "...what did this swap cost if you don't mind me asking?" and the response was, "I'm probably about $2500 or so into it."

I see now that I missed the statement, "that's just all the extra stuff."

Thanks for clarifying.

Tipsy
Sorry for the confusion Tipsy, yes I paid a little over $7K for the engine, tranny, computer, harness, etc... With the wide range of prices for the basic engines it seems on here, some folks say they get ls engines for $400 all day and others that can't find a base 5.3 for less than $4000, that part can vary so much so I was just talking about all the additional stuff I needed. That will vary from build to build as well I know but I'm in the $3-4K range on the cooling, exhaust, fuel, and all the misc stuff nobody plans for. If you're curious about anything specific just ask.

Rock
Old 09-24-2017, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZeroTraction
Sorry if this has been talked about already but how did you hook up your driveline to the tr6060....was the 6spd changed to a slip yoke setup or was your driveshaft changed to a flange type to bolt onto the trans?
It's in there somewhere but I couldn't find a slip yoke tail for the TR6060 when I was looking, lots for the T56 but not for my tranny. I also had a local guy that I talked with when I was collecting parts and getting my ducks in a row and he swore to me he could build my driveshaft with the cv joint and seemed to know exactly what I needed. Of course when I was ready to actually measure and order it he said he was busy and give him a couple days. 2 or 3 more of those and his punk *** had someone in the office tell me they couldn't do it, after talking directly with him every other time I called he couldn't man up and admit he couldn't do it.

Anyway, long story long I ended up getting it from The Driveshaft Shop. Can't say enough good things about those folks, excellent customer service from order to delivery. It's the CV and flange to bolt to the stock TR6060 flange and stock truck universal at the differential. It ended up being a little too long but they cut it down and sent it back with no additional charge. It wasn't cheap but that's something I'm not worried about having problems with down the road.

Rock
Old 10-08-2017, 08:14 PM

Thanks Rock one nice ride. What was the total cost for the swap

Quick Reply: LS3/TR6060 into 91 C1500