LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Conversions & Swaps (https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps-28/)
-   -   Looking for A-body LS swaps to feature in new book (https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/1828705-looking-body-ls-swaps-feature-new-book.html)

71buickfreak 04-17-2016 05:11 PM

Looking for A-body LS swaps to feature in new book

I am writing another LS swap book, this time on the GM A-body, 64-72

I am looking for 64-72 A-body cars that have ben swapped. High-buck, low buck, doesn't matter. What does matter are the following-

Hi-res images (1600x1200 is the bare minimum and I prefer much larger). Must be well lit and composed well.

I need detail pics, process pics, and finished shots. If you only have good shots of one or two processes, I might be able to use them, so don't count yourself out.

I have a 69 chevelle and a 71 Buick GS getting swaps in my shop. I am looking for 64-67 cars, any make, in particular. I would love to see an Olds F85, Tempest, and lemans/GTO, but I will consider any project that fits the platform and year range.

application process-
Email the details of your build to me, include some sample pics (you can shrink a copy for email, but keep the large version), and your contact info to Jefferson@bryantmedia.us. If I can use your build, I will respond with more questions and info on how to get me the rest of the images.

There is no payment for being in the book. If you are featured, you will receive a copy of the book when it comes out.

This is my 6th book and the second LS swap book I have written (How to swap GM LS-series engines into just about anything, version 1 and 2). The first LS swap book has sold about 30k copies, so lots of people will get to see you cool build. Several members here were featured in the both versions of the other LS book.

Thanks for your help!
Jefferson Bryant

user 4737373 04-17-2016 05:23 PM

Are you going to highlight a particular engine mounting method/location, or are you going to cover the various options available to the A-body LS crowd these days and the benefits that go with them? What transmissions are you going to include in the coverage?

71buickfreak 04-17-2016 05:37 PM

I am trying to cover as much as possible. I have several mounts in house that we are test fitting in our A-body projects, but I am interested in featured as many as possible. I currently have the following-
Dirty Dingo sliders for LT gen V
Holley stock position LS adapters
Holley A-body frame stands for Gen 4 F-body LS block mounts

Transmissions- the two swaps I have in house will cover Muncie 4-speeds and 4L60s. I have information from previous swaps on T56 and Th-series trans. I am interested in information and pics of any combination, even ones I have already.

I am also interested in pics of oil pan and accessory drive fitment in 64-72 A-cars. I have holley 302-1 and -2, and the Mast pan, looking for others. I have Holley and dirty dingo acc drives.

user 4737373 04-17-2016 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by 71buickfreak (Post 19227850)
I am trying to cover as much as possible. I have several mounts in house that we are test fitting in our A-body projects, but I am interested in featured as many as possible. I currently have the following-
Dirty Dingo sliders for LT gen V
Holley stock position LS adapters
Holley A-body frame stands for Gen 4 F-body LS block mounts

Transmissions- the two swaps I have in house will cover Muncie 4-speeds and 4L60s. I have information from previous swaps on T56 and Th-series trans. I am interested in information and pics of any combination, even ones I have already.

I am also interested in pics of oil pan and accessory drive fitment in 64-72 A-cars. I have holley 302-1 and -2, and the Mast pan, looking for others. I have Holley and dirty dingo acc drives.

If you need any specific information regarding the Hooker/Holley parts, just send me a PM. In case you are not already aware, there are two distinctly different sets of Hooker engine brackets for the 68-72 cars and two others for the 64-67 cars. All of them are based on the use of the 4th-gen F-body engine mounts as you mentioned and allow installation of a low-mount A/C compressor, which is not possible with most other types of engine mounts. The rest of the system components for each year range include mid and long tube headers, cast iron manifolds, a transmission crossmember and 2.5" and 3" exhaust systems.

71buickfreak 04-17-2016 06:11 PM

Toddoky- I am aware of the stock and forward-location mounts for the 68-72, but I didn't see the 64-67s on the Holley site.

user 4737373 04-17-2016 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by 71buickfreak (Post 19227880)
Toddoky- I am aware of the stock and forward-location mounts for the 68-72, but I didn't see the 64-67s on the Holley site.

I'm currently in the middle of the development of the 64-67 system components, which is why you don't see them on the website yet.

71buickfreak 04-21-2016 04:09 PM

Have had some interesting offers. I am looking to feature 3-4 unique swaps. Keep 'em coming.

1964SS 04-21-2016 04:19 PM

I'll send some over this evening.

Bad72ride 04-21-2016 07:19 PM

Where can we get info on getting the first swap book?

gnx7 04-21-2016 08:25 PM

I have a '69 Chevelle with alum 5.3, GTS76 billet turbo, 4" downpipe into e-cutout then dual 3" and 4 mufflers, chiseled Perf a/w intercooler, full vintage air a/c, p/s, Cherokee quick ratio steering box, t56 magnum, ford 9", 14" brakes, tubular control arms, ats spindles, custom JRI coil overs, CTSv recaro heated/cooled seats, lizard skin sprayed, full cromo 8.50 cage, Speedhut gauges, Holley dominator EFI, painless harness redone and improved, 25 gallon s/s custom tank with dual Walbro 450lph pumps on e85. Goal is 900rwhp, 9's, 25mpg hwy with a/c in comfort.

I have lots of pics. Running this summer.