Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3l wont start

Old 05-14-2016, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3l wont start

Swapped a 99 silverado 5.3l setup in my s10 ran great for a few months then decided it wanted to die one night going down the road. Got it home let it sit for a couple days fired right back up then died once it got hot. Starting checking things and noticed i wasnt getting spark so swapped coils did nothing. Put new crankshaft and camshaft sensors in did nothing. Checks grounds and cleaned them off and reinstalled did nothing even added new ones to the frame to block. Changed out a whole new harness and ecm and even had the vats and emission stuff deleted still nothing.. im lost dont know what else to do please someone help me
Old 05-14-2016, 12:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

Are you positive its a fire issue? Have you checked the fuel system?
Old 05-14-2016, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Won't start

Need to go back to the basics. Do you have spark? Easy enough to check with a timing light on random cylinders. Do you have fuel? Check the pressure at the fuel rail with a gauge. Are the injectors working? Need to check a few with a noid light. You said it wasn't getting spark and changed just about everything but power to the ECU. Should have a constant power and a keyed power. If you check the basics and find you don't have spark AND injectors are not working then look to the power to the ECU.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Sorry guys been busy the past couple days but yes im poistive its got no spark on any cylinder. And i checked the injectors and theyre dead too.. now what controls power to the ecm? Ive checked the fuses and theyre all good. Does the ecm control power to the relays? Cause now the fuel pump relay wont kick on
Old 05-22-2016, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Update messed with it a little bit more last week pulled the fuel rail and the injectors r firing expect one so i just changed the whole thing out for a spare one i had so now theyre all working again. Put the original cam sensor back in and spark went from passenger side 2nd back to the rear drivers side.. i dont get this damn thing .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5.3l wont start