Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls3 swap into 1999 Trans am t56 using ls1 Pcm and wiring harness/lingerfelter adapter

Old 05-21-2016, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ls3 swap into 1999 Trans am t56 using ls1 Pcm and wiring harness/lingerfelter adapter

Hey guys I just bought an ls3 crate engine... I have a 1999 Trans am with a t56 manual planning on using my factory pcm.
I understand vvt and fuel management and all that ....but I need to get clear answers about the sensors and compatibility with ls1 pcm
Map sensor would just an adapter plug work on ls3 map sensor, or do I have to use ls1 map sensor ?
Crank sensor I'm using a converter box
Cam sensor I'm using a converter box
Knock sensor (I don't understand why I cannot use my ls3 sensors with adapters
Would the ls3 bolt to t56 (ls1 setup) ? Do I use ls1 flywheel ? (Or is it a bad idea) 1999 Trans am t56 (ls1 setup) the ls3 crate engine I bought has a rod thing coming out of it so is it possible to bolt on my ls1 flywheel and clutch or do I need some kind of adapter ?
Sorry guys I'm new to all this I've read a million threads and still have so many questions thank you for any help and ideas

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ls3 swap into 1999 Trans am t56 using ls1 Pcm and wiring harness/lingerfelter adapter