Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all ford people I need idea's/help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all ford people I need idea's/help

I'm going to be trying to find a lq9 or lq4 and want to swap it in to some thing interesting right lol and I have a 2005 f150 4.6 auto now and love the truck but not a big fan of the 4.6 so my question is how can I mount a ls style engine to my factory transmission (4R70E) I love every thing about the truck but the motor. I've done some reading and research but can't find much about a swap like this or any bellhousing adaptor kits and that is really the only thing that would stop me. I have found plates for the AODE but would that work with my transmission? There's lots of bad *** cars and trucks on this form some one has to have a idea!
Attached Thumbnails Calling all ford people I need idea's/help-20150928_144447.jpg  
Old 06-07-2016, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

It would make more sense and probably cheaper to put in the motor and a 4l80e. If you mixed them then you'll have to have a computer to run the motor and one to run the trans (if it even exists) With the lq9 lq4 4l80e combo one computer controls both.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:45 PM

Ya I know what you meen but then that means new drive shafts and transfer case. They do make sand alone so for the transmission and megga/microsqurit can control the both of them just can't remember off the top of my head witch one I just need to bolt the LS up and deal with a torque converter and probably flex plate. One of the Mustang guys has had to try it ??
Old 06-07-2016, 10:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad-Max18
One of the Mustang guys has had to try it ??
Possibly but usually it's the other way around. They put a GM trans behind the ford engine, Or LS engine and trans.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by LLLosingit
Possibly but usually it's the other way around. They put a GM trans behind the ford engine, Or LS engine and trans.
Ya I know I've used all the Google power I could handle but I want to do it the other way. There has to be a way and from what I read the 4R70E is good lighter then the 4l80e and rated for 700 pounds of torque apprenty.

Quick Reply: Calling all ford people I need idea's/help