Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine swap

what ls would you guys suggest for a 77 camaro looking to put it back as a street car should i go with 6.0 or 5.3 looking to have some power when needed. I see alot of options use the iron block use the aluminum use the ls6 intake on the ls1.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

You are probably not going to get many answers to your question because it's kind of like coming on here and asking if you should marry the girl next door or the high maintenance chick with the big fake cans, it's all up to you, what you like and what you can afford.......
Old 06-13-2016, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

You'll find that every single first post is looking for a daily driver with 400+/- horsepower that can see the occasional track day/ spirited driving, be fun on the weekend but still be usable during the week and toting the family around @ 25 miles per gallon. I don't say this to criticize your post or any others, rather to point out that there really isn't a wrong way to go and unless you're spending huge bucks chasing that last 20% of Characteristic X odds are it doesn't really matter which engine you go with. A lot of these build threads take very different approaches but ultimately most of them end up with the same general result. You could buy an entire 5.3 motor for what people ask for ls6 intakes and I'm pretty sure the truck intake is just as good in most dyno comparisons. Will you notice the 10hp @ 6500 rpm or whatever that the $400+ ls6 intake will get you?

Quick Reply: engine swap